For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic To annwood Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lostdaughter On 2009.01.04 22:41
I know this is the week of the anniversary of the loss of your husband & want you to know I will be thinking about you. I recall many difficult anniversaries of the death of my husband after his battle with cancer - somehow they always were more difficult when I felt no one but me remembered. Be kind to yourself during this time & know that others care.

By jockdoc On 2009.01.04 22:44
Hi annwood. Jockdoc will be praying for you.

By annwood On 2009.01.04 23:01
Thank you - you are correct in the statement that it has been a difficult week. He died on the 8th of January. I keep remembering what was happening this time last year. I have done so well but the holidays and this week were and are rough. If you remember, my daughter gave birth to twin boys, Seamus & Finnegan, two hours before my husband died. They will turn one this week and I am taking great joy in having them in town with me - the circle of life.

I don't think I could have made it without all of you. I will always consider you family. Jockdoc, you were the first person to respond to my posting 2 yrs ago. I think so much about you and pray that you are healing. Barb would want that for you.

By lurkingforacure On 2009.01.05 09:02
Yes, I too have been thinking of you annwood but reluctant to post for many reasons. I cannot imagine how hard this time must be for you and am amazed you still give of yourself to us during such a difficult time. You are a great example of how we can still live and help others after suffering the ultimate loss.

I am glad to hear you have the twins with you, they will keep you very distracted yet happy! I have twin boy nephews and all I can say is, whew, your family is in for a ride! I hope you have a wonderful time with them, and their presence helps bring the past difficult year to a peaceful close.

By bandido1 On 2009.01.05 13:58
Annwood: As is my style, I will use this somber occasion to thank you for staying with us. My 1/2 Irish bloodline suggests to me GOD sent you a pair of blessings to replace your beloved. Bob C

By walkinthewoods On 2009.01.05 14:37
My thoughts are with you as well, annwood. I too have had the privilege of receiving some very good and caring direction from you in dealing with my FIL's PD. I wish you nothing but happiness and the strength you need to get through these hard times.

Enjoy those twins, they grow up so fast.
Tammy

By annwood On 2009.01.05 14:38
I must take this opportunity to thank all of you. You have kept me on this forum and putting in my two cents worth has allowed me to remember, grieve and laugh. You are the only ones who know what I went through and I hope in some small way to help you. I really enjoy being with all of you.

Bob, I am 100%, 3rd generation Irish (thus the names Seamus & Finnegan) and I agree with you about the twins.

I have to tell all of you that I have been contacted by a company in Philadelphia that tests new drugs. There is a drug for PD Dementia currently being tested. I was flown to Philadelphia for what they called media training and will soon be on the road with a neurologist discussing PD Dementia. How it is not discussed with pts and caregivers. I will be discussing caregiver issues. Your stories have added so much to my understanding. They are talking about the Today show, Good Morning America and whoever else will listen. I will keep you posted.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you