For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Didn't know my dad was a VIP! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By susger8 On 2009.01.23 08:33
My dad has a lot of hallucinations and delusions these days. Mostly it's harmless stuff, like he thinks there's an airport runway in the parking lot outside his condo.

Yesterday I called him and he said, "Call me back later, I'm talking with the Secretary of State."

I asked if it was Hillary or Condi? He seemed to think it was Henry Kissinger.

So I called again in twenty minutes. This time he was talking with the Secretary of Defense, the entire Cabinet, and the President!

I told him I was sorry I missed that, and he said the President is a pretty nice guy.

Best delusion EVER!

By Newcaregiver On 2009.01.23 11:27
My father had Alzheimers, not PD. He was the President of the United States. I would call him and he would say he was too busy to talk because the Queen was coming over or he was busy with some other high-level project. The Psychiatrist told me that it was good to find humor in this for family and to realize that he was, in a way, building a very exciting life for himself!

By susger8 On 2009.01.23 11:42
His health aide is a big Obama fan and has been leaving the news channels on a lot to watch the inaguration, so I'm sure that's where it came from.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you