For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Question about U-Step walker Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By susger8 On 2009.01.23 10:33
My dad needs a new walker and after I investigated the U-Step that has been mentioned here, I was very impressed by it. But it's quite expensive. I know Medicare normally pays only about $125 for walkers. Will they pay more for this one? Aside from saying it's for Parkinson's, is there any special wording needed on the neurologist's prescription?

By annwood On 2009.01.23 10:50
When we purchased the U-Step Medicare paid about $500.00 of the cost. All I needed was the Rx from the physician. I purchased it from a medical supply company and they took care of filing for reimbursement.

The U-Step is wonderful. It has the laser light for foot placement and more importantly it is heavy and won't tip. That was a real problem with other walkers.

By susger8 On 2009.01.23 11:03
I am also impressed by its ability to do a 180-degree turn in a tight space, and by the flip-over hand grip. It seems very intelligently designed.

I never heard of it before reading your posts, annwood. I learn so many useful things here!

By annwood On 2009.01.23 12:33
I wish I had known about you - I donated my husband's to the neurology dept with the understanding it would go to someone who couldn't afford one. Thanks for reminding me - I am doing my taxes and had forgotten about the donation!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you