For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Compulsive Behavior News--study Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By bandido1 On 2009.01.24 14:57
Here is an excerpt that will be of interest to all on this site: Bob C

An online survey conducted by MediciGlobal, a firm assisting ACADIA Pharmaceuticals in finding Parkinson's patients with Psychosis for this study, found that 4 out of every 10 Parkinson's caregivers were unaware that these behavioral and cognitive changes were associated with Parkinson's. Carol McLain, a registered nurse and caregiver who responded to the survey said, "As a nurse, I was prepared for the physical problems but I was totally unprepared for the psychiatric issues in caring for my husband."

There are currently no FDA-approved treatments for these particular non-physical symptoms of Parkinson's disease. Research is necessary to advance future medicines for Parkinson's Psychosis.

Those caring for someone who may be experiencing Parkinson's Disease Psychosis, are encouraged to call the toll-free study hotline , at 1-866-565-0261 or visit the clinical research Web site at www.ParkinsonsMindStudy.com. Here caregivers can find clinical research centers conducting this study.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you