For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic For all of us...... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Pearly4 On 2009.07.03 05:38
Still having problems sleeping and drifted off with a radio last night. I was literally wrestled from a deep sleep in the middle of the night hearing "Because you loved me" by Celine Dion -- I like to think it was from my mom, but it applies to all of us. Here are the lyrics. I hope it brings some of you some peace.

For all those times you stood by me
For all the truth that you made me see
For all the joy you brought to my life
For all the wrong that you made right
For every dream you made come true
For all the love I found in you
I'll be forever thankful baby
You're the one who held me up
Never let me fall
You're the one who saw me through through it all

Chorus :
You were my strength when I was weak
You were my voice when I couldn't speak
You were my eyes when I couldn't see
You saw the best there was in me
Lifted me up when I couldn't reach
You gave me faith 'coz you believed
I'm everything I am
Because you loved me

You gave me wings and made me fly
You touched my hand I could touch the sky
I lost my faith, you gave it back to me
You said no star was out of reach
You stood by me and I stood tall
I had your love I had it all
I'm grateful for each day you gave me
Maybe I don't know that much
But I know this much is true
I was blessed because I was loved by you

[Chorus]

You were always there for me
The tender wind that carried me
A light in the dark shining your love into my life
You've been my inspiration
Through the lies you were the truth
My world is a better place because of you

[Chorus]

By RhondaM On 2009.07.04 15:22
Truly beautiful message to hear in your sleep.

Your mom wanted you to know, and God let her tell you. Peace, my grieving friend.

By kuttlewis On 2009.07.04 18:46
Thank you. That's how I feel about John.

By dkleinert On 2009.07.05 09:50
Thank you, Pearly4. What blessing straight from our precious Lord to comfort you. Thanks so much for sharing it with us - now we are blessed. That song has always touched me, but I have never interpretted the words in the context of my Joe and his PD until today. I could only hope that he would feel this way about me. I try to do all of those things, but he is always down/depressed, so I never know how he feels about me and what I do.n Thank you again for sharing this special gift.

By mylove On 2009.07.05 13:38
Thank you Pearly. Songs like these touch me for two reasons: this is what B has done for me, and soon we will come 180 around, and I would hope he would feel the same way.

These are the kinds of things that make me almost thankful for the trials, in a way. In the context of the awful challenges, the shining moments become brighter.

By Pearly4 On 2009.07.06 07:00
Thank you all -- loved your comment Rhondam.

I have come to realize, as I think some of you are saying that as usual, my mother is not only thanking me, but teaching me and that the song also applies to my feelings for my husband who supported me so much in this battle and joined me in caretaking. He provided much of the "watchful eye" and problem solving, day to day care that was so necessary so that I could continue to work.

By rajenriver On 2009.07.07 21:39
You were a wonderful, caring daughter! You gave her your best! Hang in there and I hope that you soon get some good, well-deserved, quality sleep!
-Jenny

By SCSally On 2009.07.19 16:25
Thank you Pearly for helping me remember the words of that beautiful song. There is much in it for all of us. I think it is wonderful how you are being blessed in this time of grieving. Hang in there sweetie. You are showing us how to handle death with love and grace.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you