For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Miralax, anyone? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2009.07.28 15:48
Has anyone had any experience with Miralax? It used to be Rx but is now over the counter. I am mainly wondering if anyone has had any experience with it interfering with meds. All info. is welcome, no matter how gross, I can handle it....I think! Thanks.

By sachet On 2009.07.28 17:49
we have used it twice so far. Home health recommeded it and now Hospice suggests it. Last time it took two does and then it really worked--

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.07.28 19:41
Hi, I just thought I'd step into this thread for a moment to remind all, that while it is a good idea to ask if anyone has used any medicine (otc or Rx) and if there were problems with it. We must remember We patients are on many different Drugs, some are the same, others different from one's taken by another patient. So while yes We have the same disease our treatment and medicines differ as We present different aspects of the disease. Always ask your Doctor or Pharmacist to be sure of interactions and side-effects. Below are precautions I found online. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

PRECAUTIONS
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug.

When using this product you may have loose, watery, more frequent stools.

Stop use and ask a doctor if:

You have rectal bleeding or your nausea, bloating, cramping or abdominal pain gets worse. These may be signs of a serious condition
You get diarrhea
You need to use a laxative for longer than 1 week

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.

Last updated on RxList: 7/25/2007

By lynn On 2009.07.28 20:51
We just saw our great GI. I told him we used 8 oz. of prune juice every morning but did he have a suggestion when something else was needed. He recommended miralax. That's what we plan to do.

By Newcaregiver On 2009.07.31 09:38
My parkie's gastro suggested Miralax also, but we have not had much luck with it. It just bloats him. Hope it works better for others.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you