For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Is it just me? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By tryinghard On 2009.08.02 19:47
I have to say that until you're the caretaker of a pd patient you really don't know how hard it is. I've been taking care of my dad for a while now and it gets a little harder everyday. Friends and family go out have a grand old time ask me to go with them when I say I can't they look at me as though I have 12 heads. They don't understand I can't leave my dad alone for more that a few minutes even that's too long sometimes. My husband helps me out alot but I feel bad having him watch dad so I can go hang out. Mind you none of my family members offer to take dad for any length of time. But I'm the bad guy in this scenario as far as my family goes. Oh well, just thought i'd get that off my chest.

By annwood On 2009.08.03 00:28
You have found the right place, and welcome.

I am sorry to tell you but what you are experiencing is what most caregivers experience. All too often family doesn't help and yet they are available to criticize. I know that you are exhausted, angry, and resentful. That also goes with the territory.

It is very important for you to find some time for yourself - it will make you a better caregiver. Be thankful for your husband's help and tell him how much you appreciate it.

Stay with us - we have all been there!

By tryinghard On 2009.08.03 09:51
thanks Ann! I've been feeling horrible for being angry and frustrated I know it's not my dads fault, he's not doing it on purpose but it's hard. I'm glad I found this site. I've been reading the other posts and alot of what other people are going through I've been experiencing the same things. Thanks again, hope to keep in touch!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you