For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Sub categories Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By mylove On 2009.08.15 23:51
I'm wondering if there is there any way we can get sub areas of this board, perhaps, that deal with different topics. It's getting hard to surf through the political stuff lately to find the other information. J?

By Pearly4 On 2009.08.16 06:34
As a former caregiver, I haven't felt it my place to comment sooner but would like to add my support to your comment.

By annwood On 2009.08.16 12:00
I agree it is time to move on. There will be enough of this as time goes by.

By jsmitch On 2009.08.16 12:20
For registered members there is another board for off-topic discussions.

I have moved the most obvious threads to this new board. Caution must be exercised. I have seen discussion forums collapse under the weight of their own egos.

My druthers are that this forum be a politics-free zone, but providing an area off the main board may help us re-focus on the business at hand -- Parkinsons and caring for those with the disease.

By caregivermary On 2009.08.16 12:45
thank you

By bandido1 On 2009.08.16 13:05
Thanks Jim--I was getting tired of skipping thru the off topic issues. Bob C

By Pearly4 On 2009.08.16 13:36
Thanks for the speedy response Jim!

By Tara On 2009.08.16 21:04
I want to thank you also. I have not been posting because, in addition to the fact that I question my value here now that my dad is in a nursing home, I also find myself wondering if this has changed from the "Parkinson's Disease Caregiver Forum" to the "Gripe, Complain, Moan and Groan About Politics and Government Forum".

And I still say that we primarily need to be expending what little time and energy we have to spare contacting our elected officials, not each other.

By trapper On 2009.08.17 00:24
How does one find this new board?

By jsmitch On 2009.08.17 09:44
Trapper --

If you go to the Forum's main page (http://www.myparkinsons.org/cgi-bin/forum/forum_show.pl ) you will see it listed under the main board.

Some of you may not be able to see it because your personal profile settings are incomplete. If you still don't see it, please e-mail me at admin2@myparkinsons.org

By Mary On 2009.08.17 17:00
I agree! Sub areas would be a wonderful idea. I have noticed in going through past postings that many of the same questions, concerns, etc. arise as new members entered but new topics are made, which make it difficult to benefit from past postings. Just my 2 cents worth! Mary

By jsmitch On 2009.08.18 09:48
I revised the security settings. Too many folks could not see the new board.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you