For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic A general hello Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By shakydog On 2009.08.16 23:37
Hello all

I am living with parkinson's.

I was dx on July 13, 1998 and I'm doing well. Thanks in large part to "mylove"

I take requip as a base and supplement with sinemet to keep moving. So far so good. I still work, altho at a slower pace and reduced physical work load than before.

I don't know much about anything, but I think about everything. If asked I'll answer. If I think it's important I'll put my 2 cents in. If not I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm not trying to be philosophical or (god forbid) political.

I will be nice and polite and expect the same

What a rotten reason for making friends.

By mylove On 2009.08.18 10:42
I agree... rotten reason, but everyone can use more friends! Since nobody's taken the bait and welcomed you to the board, I guess it's up to me. :) (Al, Bob...?)

For the rest of the board, Shakydog is my smarter/faster/better half. He's quick-witted, deep thinking, and a lot of fun. I think you'll enjoy his participation.

By Mary On 2009.08.18 11:55
Shakydog, welcome! I look forward to your input. I am caring for my father and find it very beneficial to understand his side of things. Thank you for joining us. Hugs and blessings to you, Mary

By Emma On 2009.08.18 15:15
Hi Shakydog, love the name! I'm new to the board too, my husband has PD but he's more of a grumpydog :)
I'm looking forward to your insights and opinions. Emma

By annwood On 2009.08.18 20:18
Welcome! I am so happy that we have another patient to give us some new perspectives.

By bandido1 On 2009.08.19 13:32
shakydog: On behalf of all 2 of us (bandido & LOHENGR!N), Welcome to the patient participation --now trio. Actually, we have the fourth member in the person of Peter who lives in Nairobi and seldom posts. And, like us, he is witty, personable, nonpolitical and (OK) highly intelligent!

I sometimes disappear from this forum because I'm heavily involved in coauthoring a book being written by a group of patients. It is a part of my advocacy program.

We will all be looking forward to your observations, comments, and hopefully a retained sense of humor about this terrible affliction. Hang in there! Bob C

By gilly On 2009.08.19 21:48
Welcome Shakydog. I am fairly new here myself. My dh has pd. he was dxed about 8 years ago. He takes stalevo and gabapentin for the pd. He is 77 and has other med problems also. I usually read but don't post much.
Gily

By Kalispell Kathy On 2009.08.21 02:15
Hi, Shakydog, and welcome. My 84-yo husband has PD with dementia that varies in severity. He's lost the ability to describe what he's going through, so getting some insight from others who know is helpful to me. I'm pretty new to the forum, and find it wonderfully helpful, warm, and friendly.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you