For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic My Darling Husband has passed Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By chacha53 On 2009.09.12 22:29
I haven't been able to get on here since the passing of my husband, Terry has gone on to meet his maker. August 30,2009 I sat and watched my husband pass from this world into the next. I had contacted hospice myself and had meet the team but Terry's passing was closer than expected. I miss him so much but I know with all my heart he is in a better place and is whole. His beautiful spirit is free at last. Thanks to all that gave me kind words of advice. I will continue to read the post on here and help someone if at all possible, I feel I do know alot about this dreadful disease, I dealt with if for over 25 yrs with Terry. Please pray for me as I also buried my dear mother this past week also. Terry and I and mom lived together and I am totaly lost at this time. God give me the serenity to except the things I cannot change. Love and prayers to all, charlene

By deedeesdaughter On 2009.09.12 23:10
I am so sorry for your losses (((hugs)))
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Gentle hugs, Mary Ann

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.09.12 23:53
Charlene, My condolences upon Your losses. May G-d's Angels walk by Your side guiding You and steadying You as You make Your way through the darkness and dazing confusion of these days and months ahead. May they wrap their wings around You cradling You with warmth and comfort in the times You find sleep. May they light the path and guard You as You make Your way back from sorrow and grief. Cry when You must, laugh when You can and take time to heal My friend. Remember We're always here for You when needed. Be easy on Yourself. Sincerely Al and Your friends here on the forum.

By annwood On 2009.09.13 00:13
Charlene,

I am so sorry for your loses. I hope that you are healing - it will take time. You can always be proud of the fact that you cared for Terry and loved him through all of the terrible things that PD brings. Like you, I know that my husband is in a better place and I feel his presence even now. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that in time you will contribute. You have a great deal to share.

By lostdaughter On 2009.09.13 01:34
Charlene,

You are in my thoughts & prayers as well. I pray that you will find comfort & eventually take time to do some things for yourself. Please do stay with us. We're here for you during this time.

By Pearly4 On 2009.09.13 06:14
I understand your feelings -- it gets better, slowly, but it does get better. You'll miss him and love him and you'll slowly remember less of the bad times and more of the good. I found this site a great comfort after my mother's passing -- I hope you will too.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

By caregivermary On 2009.09.13 08:24
I too am so sorry for your loss. One is difficult but two in such a short period of time is somewhat unbearable.
Take care and get whatever help you need.

By lurkingforacure On 2009.09.13 11:23
There are just no words. May you find peace in your healing.

By overwhelmedinFL On 2009.09.13 13:56
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and mother. I hope you find your way to move forward. I cannot imagine how you feel to go from all 3 of you to being on your own.

Please share yourself with others, I am sure you have so much to give, so many life experiences to drawn on and share.

By sooboo On 2009.09.13 16:07
I am also so sorry to hear of the passing of your husband and mother. I'm sure the loss you are feeling is immeasurable. I hope you can find comfort in knowing that they are in a better place and not in pain. You are in my prayers.

By bandido1 On 2009.09.13 17:17
Charlene: may they both rest in peace! Bob C

By anidaholady On 2009.09.13 22:27
Charlene
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband and your mother. You know they are in a better place but your life has suddenly changed and the emotions and loneliness are such a shock. I will pray for your support from family and friends, and YES, please do keep coming back here. All our friends are invaluable to us, and you can give and receive help at the same time. God bless you and keep you close.
Barb

By Mary On 2009.09.14 10:57
Charlene, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband and mother. I can't even imagine how hard that must be. Hugs and blessings to you, Mary

By chacha53 On 2009.09.15 15:17
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers coming my way! I could only wish that you guys could have known my dear husband, Terry and I married Sept 29,1978 and was blessed with our daughter Feb. 1981, just after this in 1982 he was dianosed with PD. We lived our life together with PD, never once (not one time) did he complain with this terrible disease. Terry had so much faith in the Lord and that carried him through, thank God for a better here after! He deserves it! Our daughter and myself lived this disease also, we were deprived of a active father and husband, but we loved him and he was still the man I married, I loved him more the day he passed than I did the day we married! Love is suppose to grow, no matter what obsticules come your way, and we battled everything out together. He knew I loved him with all my heart! He knew that I did not care that I was having to do everything for him, I would do it all over again. I was blessed with one of Gods beautiful flowers and I took good care of it, it bloomed everyday! the smile on his face I will always remember. I tell everyone that I miss his face, you see that was about all that was left of him in the end. I could understand his eyes when he could not talk, and he knew that I could, that my friend is true love.
Please all of you that are taking care of a loved one with PD, please understand they are human and they are the same father, mother, sister, brother, husband, wife etc. as they were before PD, if they had could only talk and walk or even speak to makes things better for you, they would. I believe with Faith in God we can do anything, and with that Faith I will make it! I have lost, I was loved,and I will see my loved ones again! I have Faith!

By pegk3548 On 2009.09.15 17:30
Chacha53
I am so sorry for your loses. What a wonderful post and tribute to your husband. I can only imagine how hard it is to lose your mom right after your husband. My mom also lives with my husband (who has PD) and myself. My mom is 83 and was diagnoised with PD a couple of years ago. So far it has not really effected her much. Take care of yourself. You are in my prayers.
Peg

By dkleinert On 2009.09.16 00:26
Chacha53: What a wonderful testimony to your faith and the love betweeb you and your husband. God richly bless you as you mourn and heal. You know the gift that you will see both your husband and mother one day. Take care of yourself now that you have had 2 such large losses so close together. Huge Hugs to you. Donna

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you