For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic New products in the pipeline Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2009.09.20 11:21
Wow, this transaction (and underlying products in the pipeline) give a lot of support for the increasingly prevalent theory that neuro disorders have an immune component. This article is noteworthy to me for the products listed in the pipeline, some of which are already in phase 2 and 3 (imagine a VACCINE for alzheimer's? that would be incredible, here's the link):

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20090917-707384.html

By WitsEnd On 2009.09.21 12:36
Maybe I'm just an optimist....but I see all the research going on at a DNA level and I can't help but think that a real break through in a lot of diseases is just around the corner. It's been a few years since polio was tamed or the first heart transplant was done.

If you go back to the middle ages and think how much we have learned--I mean look at what they thought caused some of the plagues and stuff back then....and how much we know now. I am just so hopeful.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you