For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic It's over for him Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By SandwichMe On 2009.09.21 17:39
I didn't post much, but am grateful for the advice and posts that I read.

My FIL passed away on the 13th of Sept at the Hospice center. He was admitted there a week before after being under home hospice for a week prior. He was to stay the weekend and then come home with some medication adjustments for the agitation.

He stopped being able to swallow the next day. I was with him when he died along with his wife and daughter.

It was the best thing we did to include hospice. He died almost outside. His bed had been turned and moved to the wide open double French doors and the sun and breeze were touching him when he took his last breath.

The Hospice doctor put "Parkinson's Disease" as the primary cause of death on his death certificate even though he had about four other underlying conditions. I'm grateful for that small thing.

By Pearly4 On 2009.09.21 18:14
How beautiful for you all - please accept my prayers and good thoughts.

By annwood On 2009.09.21 18:44
Please accept my condolences. Hospice has that special way of making things easier for everyone. It sounds as if it was a special experience. May you and your family remember the good times.

By SandwichMe On 2009.09.21 18:48
Thank you! I was blogging about his final few weeks and that helped. Hospice was wonderful...

Anyone wanting to ask Hospice to join them should do so!!!

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.09.21 23:50
Sandwichme, My condolences upon Your loss. May G-d's Angels continue to comfort and guide Your and Yours through the times ahead. May they light your way, steady your steps and easy your heartache. Cry when you must, laugh when you can and take the time to heal. Thank you for thinking of Us here and letting us know of the hospice Dr's listing P.D. as primary cause, that is huge to many of us. Thank you for taking the time to encourage others to seek out and contact hospice. Your selflessness in posting those things at this time is not unnoticed. Again condolences and thank you. May G-d bless and protect, sincerely Al and all here on the forum.

By Mary On 2009.09.22 11:47
SandwichMe, I too am sorry for your loss. I hope you stay with the forum and continue to give input from your experience. Hugs and blessings to you and your family, Mary

By caregivermary On 2009.09.22 12:18
Sorry, to hear you lost your FIL. I'm happy to hear hospice was there for your family. It's comforting to know that. Take care.

By bandido1 On 2009.09.22 15:55
And a large DITTO to my friend Al, who speaks eloquently for both of us. Kudos to your Dr. who signed the death certificate. Maybe some day I will delete my twiiter daily reminder to the uninformed: "Parkinsons does not kill you, but it leaves no survivors." And finally, peace to you and your family. Bob C

By gilly On 2009.09.22 16:29
Prayers and blessing for you and your family. You have my sympathy for your loss. It sounds like he had a very peaceful passing
gilly

By WitsEnd On 2009.09.22 16:46
My prayers are with you. I know what you mean about having Parkinsons listed and how that helped comfort somehow. Statistics help buy research so maybe something good can come of it....although its hard to imagine anything good.......when you have to see the final suffering. Take some time for yourself to finish your grieving and to heal. You and your family have also been through a lot.

God bless.

By overwhelmedinFL On 2009.09.22 20:15
I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad Hospice was there to help you in your time of need. They are wonderful. Keep sharing your story.

By SandwichMe On 2009.09.22 20:21
It has definitely been a journey...many years culminating in a fast three months of downsliding and then the end.

I've blogged some at www.divinegraffiti.com about the journey we've had with Charlie. I'd welcome any of you to read it. It's a little raw at times, but pretty real. It is my therapy.

There are about six posts there regarding the last few weeks. Probably mostly beneficial for those going through it or those who want to maybe vent/laugh a little.

Thank you for the support.

By karolinakitty On 2009.09.23 18:19
Prayers go out to your family, so sorry for your loss. Having dealt with hospice with my first FIL, those people are a different breed, guiding you and helping you through a rough time. God bless you all......

By sachet On 2009.09.24 00:10
sandwichme, my thoughts are with you and your family. We lost Jim the 11th of Sept. and tomorrow is the memorial.
Hospic is such a blessing , and they are a different breed, helping us through this time. And Jim's death cert says PD cause of death.
Blessing to you and yours

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you