For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic black outs? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2009.09.30 08:48
I am sure there's a name for this but I have no idea what to call it. Yesterday my husband was in a meeting and he said he got this weird feeling in his chest (like a tightness) and then things "went blue" and he thinks he blacked out, for less than a second, then he could see everything normally again. He stayed sitting upright, could hear everything, and like I said, it was just for a split second it sounds like (otherwise he would have fallen over in the chair).

We are not even four years into this disease so I am really at a loss as to what this is. I'm not even sure I understand what happened, but it sounds very scary. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

By susger8 On 2009.09.30 10:22
Maybe a near-fainting spell? Possibly due to low blood pressure?

By lurkingforacure On 2009.09.30 10:51
Thank you so much, that is what I think as well. My husband eats nothing all day so that his meds will work (and when I say "work", it's not that great...but if he eats anything, he gets zero and might as well not have taken his meds at all). I dont' know how he can go all day without eating but he's been doing it for awhile...then eats everything in sight when he gets home because he is starved. It's crazy. But we have played with all sorts of timing the eating and meds and what to eat and nothing else works as well. I think it's a blood sugar issue as well and will put in a call to his doc.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you