For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic MediCal and the co-pay. Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By annegirl1 On 2009.10.10 01:50
Does anyone on have helpful information on getting the accurate co pay that will be charge our family for long term nursing home? Our income is $2165 and my daughter and I left our and are now living in a inxexpensive apartment to be near my husband. MediCal is saying we have to pay $2134 each month. I have be trying to find out information for two months and still in the dark about it.

Another question when someone you know s has PD do that have protgressing problems with demetia, confusion, and extreme anxiety and fear? I would really like to hear from someone who might be chapters ahead of me

By annwood On 2009.10.10 10:49
Not familiar with CA insurance. I do know in OH I was paying $6000.00/mo to keep my husband in a nursing facility. There is just not much help for long term nursing care. I would talk with the social worker or an attorney.

Yes, PD results in progressing dementia (40% of the time) and the anxiety goes along with that. It is so hard to watch this rapid decline and not be able to do anything about it. It does not get better.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you