For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Teaching and Understanding Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By karolinakitty On 2009.10.23 15:58
I'm going to steal from Al here. In his recent commentary he said the following:

"Teaching and understanding: We have to understand, you with Parkinson's and you, our caregivers. We have to teach. We owe it to those who will come after us, our contemporaries and to ourselves. "

In all the recent posts about dementia, Alz, and all the rest. These few sentences spoken by Al say it all in my book.
whether we agree to disagree, or we take in all the info, good and bad, teaching and understanding are the two keys that brought me here.
I read many posts before signing up. I didn't want off the wall info. I wanted info from people who had been there and done that, or are still doing that. I choose here because it does give a patients view.

Teaching: what it's like, what the future holds and how to deal with.
Understanding: we all have good and bad days, patient and caregiver alike. We have to understand each PDr is different and each has their own ways of dealing with issues. We have to understand each caregiver is in a different situation and also has their own ways of dealing.

Together we all can hold on to each other with open minds and hearts and gather all we can to store it or use it.....

As Al said ...we owe it to those who come after

to clearly teach so they may understand the real thing .....

By annwood On 2009.10.23 17:38
Very well said...thank you.

By Emma On 2009.10.23 18:48
Amen

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.10.23 19:35
karolinakitty, Thanks for the reminder! At times I forget also take a breath or two before I respond. Every once in awhile that guy you quoted comes out with a good one. Yes, We are all in this together. And thanks again for bringing Us back to our mission. Let's hang in there.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you