For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Happier news and reminder to thank folks Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By WitsEnd On 2009.10.26 16:41
All,

It's been 8 months now since I lost dad. One of the people I leaned on during the last months of dad's illness was Ken. He stood by me at dad's bed when he was dying as I told dad it was okay for him to go--I had people who cared for me and who would look after me--people like Ken. He was there are the funeral and all the times in between.

Last Monday Ken got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. We're planning on doing just that one year from today.

Aside from sharing this bit of happier news (there is life after Parkinson's)...I just wanted to remind everybody to take a minute to thank the folks who help prop you up during all the hard times. The folks who understand on those days when you've had all you can take and totally freak out or breakdown.

Thank God that he puts people like that in our lives when we need them. Pray for the people who need those kind of people in their lives but don't have them yet. They are a true blessing.

God bless everybody!

By Pick On 2009.10.26 16:44
Congratulations!! I am so happy for you. May you have a lifetime of happiness together!

By Mary On 2009.10.26 16:50
WitsEnd, thank you for sharing. It gave me shivers! I am also very, very happy for you. Hugs and blessings, Mary

By Reflection On 2009.10.26 17:07
how wonderful for you - I am so very glad. Congratulations, and may you live happily ever after.

By caregivermary On 2009.10.26 17:15
Congrats!! and thank you for the good advice. I will use it.

By lurkingforacure On 2009.10.26 18:25
I am thrilled for you and think this is a blessing for all of your care and selflessness to your dad. I hope you both live happily ever after, forever and ever.

By annwood On 2009.10.26 21:29
This is wonderful news. You certainly know that Ken is someone who will stay with you during the tough times. I hope that your Dad is looking down and smiling. Every happiness you deserve.

By mylove On 2009.10.26 21:53
I wish you laughter and love. Thank you so much for sharing these moments of hope with us.

By Emma On 2009.10.27 05:38
How wonderful for you! Blessings to you as you move forward into this new chapter of your life!

By lostdaughter On 2009.10.27 23:34
This is awesome news, WitsEnd! I'm so happy for you & Ken.

Thank you for reminding us to thank those we lean on and depend on. My own special friend is always there to listen & understand but I sometimes get irritated with him for giving advice when all I really want is an understanding ear. I often forget that it's his nature to try to "fix" things & his intentions are good. It's always good to be reminded not to take these special people for granted.

May God bestow his richest blessings on you & Ken. I know Ken is as lucky to have found you as you were to find him.

By pegk3548 On 2009.11.01 12:17
This is wonderful news. I haven't been able to post or read the forum for awhile. I am so happy for you. It is so true what you said. I wish you all the the happiness you so deserve.

Peg

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you