For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic blisters on the back or anywhere else Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By hapidawg On 2009.11.12 10:21
About the time my husband was first diagnosed with PD, he began to have some itching on the back - mostly lower middle back. Then we began to notice blisters. Over the years the red bumps, itching and blisters have spread over his entire back. Sometimes it would not be noticeable, but more and more the blisters appear on a regular basis, itching terribly. It looks a lot like Shingles except there's no nerve pain. We are waiting on a biopsy to see if they can identify the cause. Anyone else have this problem?

By lurkingforacure On 2009.11.12 10:43
We don't have this but I find your comment very interesting. There is increasing research into the theory that PD is caused by neuroinflammation and any inflammatory agent could be a causative and/or contributing factor, including the big one, stress. Please keep us posted and thank you for sharing this information.

By karolinakitty On 2009.11.12 18:11
My man had shingles years ago but he still has outbreaks when he's anxious about things.... so i can't relate it to PD....ohter than the anxious part

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you