For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic THANKFUL for YOU! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By dkleinert On 2009.11.23 12:48
I 2nd Witsend's comments about this holiday.

No matter what stage of PD we are dealing with, there are things we can be thankful for, even if it is only that we are ABLE to help our PD loved one for today.

I am learning thru prayer and meditation to live only this day, and not worry so much about what is coming ahead. As I read recently, TODAY is my life - not tomorrow or next year or when something happens in the future - not what I thought I wanted it to be. So for all of the things in life that will not be what I had once thought I wanted, I am very thankful for today that I am able to live and be helpful to my dear husband who needs me so much. It could be so much worse - he could be alone...

I, too, send God's blessings and love to all of you my precious friends this Thanksgiving. You are right up there at the top of my THANKFUL list. Without all of you, I would not have been able to continue down this unknown, many times dark and lonely road of Parkinson's Disease. Hugs and Blessings from Donna in North Carolina.

By Mary On 2009.11.23 14:28
Donna, those are wonderful words of wisdom.

By Reflection On 2009.11.25 17:26
Amen, on Thanksgiving especially I want to thank all of you who have each helped our family travels down this road. I am so thankful to you for sharing your journey, making ours easier.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you