For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic bandido1 Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.12.22 15:27
By bandido1 On 2009.12.22 10:06

Al, just a note...I'm Bob's spouse. Wanted to let you know that Bob has fallen, has broken his elbow and will be in a skilled nursing facility for approx 3 mos. will keep you posted from time to time. Regards from both of us. Jeanne and Bob C.

The above was posted in another thread, I thought in case others didn't read the specific thread I'd post it here so everyone got the scoop. Thanks Jeanne for letting Us know. Now OUCH! Bob! What were You thinking? Heal well soon my Friend...(now I have to be especially good here on the forum. If I get these caregivers mad and they gang up on me I'm sitting here alone!!! Btw Bob how many drinks did you win before you broke your elbow arm wrestling at the bar?) Jeanne you're a saint for putting up with him!

All kidding aside hope your recovery is speedy and you two take care! Sincerely Al.

By Mary On 2009.12.22 16:26
A big thank you to both Al and Jeanne for the update on our beloved Bob! Bob I also send you my wishes for a speady recovery. Hugs and blessings, Mary

By karolinakitty On 2009.12.22 21:18
Speedy recovery Bob!!!!! We need ya back soon!!!!

By annwood On 2009.12.22 22:24
Hope that you are soon back to the keyboard. You can't let Al take this opportunity to gang up on you. Seriously, I pray for your full recovery. May you have a Blessed Holiday.

By Pick On 2009.12.24 04:01
Ouch indeed! I hope you have a speedy recovery, Bob.

Thanks for keeping us informed, Al. Did someone tell Santa to take Bob's presents to the skilled nursing facility this year? Nevermind, he's probably on the "naughty" list anyway. ;)

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.01.12 23:52
Just as an update, I received an email from Jeanne on how both Bob and Her are making out......

Al, nice to get your note. Bob is faring as well as can be expected, I guess. We both had hoped for a more positive outcome, but it appears that Bob is going to enter into long-term care. We both recognize that I am unable to care for him at home (even with help). He is unable to transfer from the bed to the wheelchair and has to be lifted by 2 - 3 people. We've investigated a Hoyer Lift, but that isn't feasible with his broken elbow. So that's where we stand at the moment.

This is the lastest, I'll post more when I hear anything.

By overwhelmedinFL On 2010.01.13 04:55
Bob, I hope you heal quickly. Jeanne you are a wonderful caregiver. Al, maybe he will have a netbook soon at his new place and can be back on the board in no time! Sending lots of prayers

By karolinakitty On 2010.01.13 07:28
Bob..... you heal real good now... we need you to finish that book so the world can learn from you and your research....
Jeanne .... You're an awesome caregiver and know that you are in our thoughs and prayers also.........

By anidaholady On 2010.01.13 21:52
Can Bob have use of internet in the nursing facility? Sure don't want him to forget us! Bob, I hope the rehab goes well and they can spring you out of there sooner than you think! Best wishes.
Barb

By Emma On 2010.01.14 07:25
Bob and Jeanne,

Thank you for keeping us posted. Hopefully Bob will soon be able to share his wisdom with us again. Take care of yourselves and know that you are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Emma

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you