For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Some Tomfoolery Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.12.26 19:50
I had posted this on another thread but thought it might be better on it's own in case some want to avoid it.

<<<< I used to sing the "I wanna be like Mike" song, thinking about being a rich successful athlete. But I got in the wrong line. See what it got me? LOL >>>>>>>>

if you don't keep laughing, you'll start crying

shaky

Hey shaky, cute twist on the I wanna be like mike! I like that! Got any others?

You're all in trouble.....I'm in a goofy mood and have the keyboard!!!!

Life with Parkinson's (as some posts and retorts show) is like a bowl of rice crispy's...we're all ready to snap, crackle n pop!....I've now got the image of Bill Cosby eyeing a bowl of jello stuck in my head! Good Gawd I'm glad it's almost med's time!

Anyone got any others? Let's clever our way into 2010.

Christmas is over, We've got most of the little pieces of tape out of our hair and off our clothes. The bits of wrapping paper can stay where they are. We'll get another week out of them saying it's confetti for or from new years eve. So come on lets hear some little silly's to add to the list. You'll feel better if you type some out, even if you come back later and delete them. A brief period of irreverence is allowed in fact it's prescribed, now class dismissed....it's recess! Take care, best of luck, hang in there and have a little fun!

By 4steele On 2009.12.26 20:34
I tried to be kind to my PWP and not go overboard with too much ribbon or tape, due to a "slight" problem with his fine motor skills. Our 12 year-old, however, has quite a different sense of humor and put at least a roll and a half of tape and a roll of ribbon on his present, just to prolong the joy. Thank God his sense of humor remains intact.

The bobble head doll has already been discussed, although I think we thought of it first.

We're still both laughing at the "I want to be like Mike" joke.

Finding this forum has been my best Christmas gift.

Joey

By shakydog On 2009.12.26 22:37
Thank You Al. Wondered when we would meet. Please don't encourage me or I'll be telling jokes all night. My 23 year old daughter always sighs, rolls her eyes and say's that dad is on a story roll.

But dammit I can either mourn what I can't do or enjoy what I can. And I can enjoy life. Douglas Adams wrote a 5 book trilogy "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" (also a BBC series) full of nonsense and whimsy. I didn't see the movie, I can't sit that long. But I read the book when I need a lift. Above all remember - DON'T PANIC.

Monty python-
I farts in your gen'ral dircshun

have you listened to Jimi Hendrix lately?

chucka choo -bwaaa bwa wa wa wa wa wa waa bwa wawa

listen to the 3 Brubeck recordings - Time, Time Out, Time Further Out. (my mom used to spend hours at the piano, taught me all sorts of twisted music to appreciate).

Said to not encourage me

shaky

By shakydog On 2009.12.26 22:43
Al,

Where else do you post?

Ben

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.12.26 23:29
Ben, Good to meet you after all this time. Seems We share a twisted sense of humor. I think is comes with the Parkinson's as a survival tool. I don't know if you're familiar with this site but if not I think you'll enjoy! http://www.bobrivers.com/index.php#v10476c7i3 have fun exploring and click on the twisted Christmas songs (click on C).....I like the Chipmunks roasting on an open fire myself. If Your Daughter is within earshot there may be much eye rolling! I haven't read the books or seen the movie but I have seen the BBC production of The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy and remember it well. As for Monty Python I fell in love with them when I first saw the Holy Grail as they crested the hill hopping up and down hitting coconuts together pretending they were riding horses.......Well enough for now Ben I'm off to get a shrubbery ....Take care enjoy the tunes! Later...Al.

I've been posting on the commentary section here for the past few months. You can email me if you want Lohengr1n@aol.com feel free. That goes for anybody who wants to.

By karolinakitty On 2009.12.27 06:57
Ah ha! Monty Python ... I do miss them, so does my Jim.... And now for something completely different!!!!!!!!!!

Yes .. we're in the same age bracket i guess ...shhhhh....don't let the youngins now about the really good music...procul harem, deep purple,ELO, stix, grateful dead (and then later Grateful Dog) ZZ Top and my list could go on....... listen to deep tracks on XM, it's on our Direct Tv music options, awesome choices and some that were on albums that i never remember on the radio but heard playing the album..

Jim likes his off the wall stories and such.. he's very creative and still tries to do his writing....

By mylove On 2009.12.27 11:20
Here you go guys. On my blogroll each a.m. and good for a tickle:

http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/ The inimitable Cake Wrecks: off topic, but absolutely HILARIOUS. New content daily.

http://offandonakpdrag.blogspot.com/2009/12/what-its-like-to-have-parkinsons_24.html Peter Dunlap-Shohl: I know I posted him before, but he's always great. This link takes you to his latest short, third in a series. The others are good too. New content every few days. This guy really stays busy, and is a DBS'er, for those who don't know (and off this topic, he has some blog posts describing his experience with DBS, for whoever was interested).

And don't get us started on the XM - best thing we ever did! Deep Tracks, Classic Rewind, & Classic Vinyl for him; the Spectrum, the Loft, the CoffeeHouse, and Pink for me (since our music tastes are just a tad eclectic). :) Good stuff! You find yourself thinking "Hey... I remember that song (and hadn't heard it for years and years)!" As for the youngins, Shaky trained his girl up good and she likes em too!

Tell Jim "Keep on writing!" Does he connect with any online writing groups? There are several. Much fun both for feedback and just for browsing other peoples output. Good to hear him keeping the fires stoked!

By karolinakitty On 2009.12.27 21:09
Eclectic????? The four of us must have been born under the same moon phase or somethin...... more then likely somethin else.....Coffeehouse sounds up our alley but i'll have to check out all of them..... a little folksy, rock,clasical, blues, jazz and, and ...everything but disco and rap....can't handle it.

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.12.27 23:49
karolinakitty, Rap? lol, years ago I was listening to Dr. Demento on the radio and since We're dating ourselves.......he played a song, the band was doing a great impression of Sly & the Family Stone's Dance to the music except it was titled Rap isn't music!! Let's not forget Dylan and Jethro Tull they had a great flutist!

By shakydog On 2009.12.28 00:48
Was Dylan the first rapper?

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.12.28 00:59
No I think Jim Morrison was?!?! Oh that's bad! I'm sending myself to bed after that one!

By karolinakitty On 2009.12.28 16:07
Ah yes ..Dr Demnto, such a fine one....
My Jim used to listen to some underground radio in CA ...K something or other...i'll have to ask again...

Well now if we all watch IFC and Sundance I know for sure we are an Eclectic bunch ........

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you