For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic How was Andy Grove diagnosed? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By nan2 On 2009.12.26 23:09
Here is a quote from a Forbes article about how Andy Grove (former head of Intel) was diagnosed with Parkinson's:
"She had me close my eyes, put my head in my hands, and count backwards from 100 by sevens," says Grove.
So what could have happened during that exercise to make the doctor suspect Parkinson's? Just really curious...

By LOHENGR1N On 2009.12.26 23:40
nan2, Good question......I'm not a Neurologist but I'm guessing probably with the counting to focus on He was rocking, tremor was also probably present as the mind was concentrating on the task and couldn't suppress tell tale symptoms. Just a guess here others might know more. If I haven't talked to you before welcome to the forum. Lots of good people here and lots of wisdom to tap into. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By shakydog On 2009.12.26 23:43
Just as a guess.... If you are concentrating on something, you can't hide the tremor. What he didn't see was what the Dr saw. Along with the shuffling gait and the poor reflexes.

Or she is a self centered quack who saw an opening for a big money patient.

How many parky patients do you see on the street now that you know the symptoms?

And so it goes

shaky

By lurkingforacure On 2009.12.27 08:27
Shakydog, I see folks who probably don't even know that they have it. I feel so sad for them, knowing they feel like crap but dont' know why. Then I feel sad for them again, knowing that if and when they get diagnosed, they will end up taking meds that in many ways make things worse! AAAHH!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you