For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Michael J Fox is BETTER? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By lurkingforacure On 2010.01.03 20:25
Anyone see this article, claims Fox is BETTER due to "new drugs and treatments"-gee I wonder what those are. I'm so glad he's feeling better, don't get me wrong, I just wish the rest of the suffering PD world could have a little of that happy juice too. Here's the link (if you know anything about what he's doing, please share!):

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/michael_j_fox_miracle_comeback_disney/celebrity/67899

By karolinakitty On 2010.01.03 20:51
He's big on the stem cell...maybe he went to Europe to get stem cells... i don't know but just a guess. He would have the money and resources to do it.....

By mylove On 2010.01.03 23:15
Eh, I don't know how much credence to lend that one.

A: He's not too far down the road to be able to spend a day in Disneyland, provided he works within his limitations and makes sure his meds are adjusted,

B: It's the National Enquirer.

The photo still shows him looking pretty frayed and about like the last time we saw a round of photos from him. It just goes to show two things: that just because you're having a rough time doesn't mean you can't have a good day, and just because you've had a good day doesn't mean you're still having a rough time.

If he's found something good I would think we'd have heard about it, as he's been pretty outspoken. But we can always hope! :)

By annwood On 2010.01.03 23:30
I don't lend much credance to the National Enquirer.

By WitsEnd On 2010.01.11 10:51
Yeah, news reports since Walter Cronkite days don't seem the same. I don't put a whole lot of stock in the National Enquirer either.

By mrsmop On 2010.01.13 23:26
We say my husband's neurologist yesterday for more tweaking of his DBS programming. He thinks M.J. Fox plans his interviews to be timed with his optimal "on" periods. My husband saw M.J. Fox in person a few weeks ago at a "round-table forum" at the Waldorf Astoria. He said that Fox did not look well at that time.

By isthisme On 2010.07.14 21:14
My husband's neurologist also said MJF probably overmedicates so he can do the different interviews he does, and be "on".

I also would not lend much credence to the National Enquirer.

By olpilot On 2012.11.07 08:16
MJF has started taking Amantadine, helps control tremors and Dystinia

By parkinit On 2012.11.07 18:50
He was on Katie Couric and maybe he is feeling better, but he has LOTS of dyskinesia and stuttering when he talks. I would assume the dyskinesia is due to the increased dosage of meds or addition of new meds.

By Lynnie2 On 2013.06.23 13:13
I can't wait to see his new show in the Fall. I hope it will be good.
I have noticed that he talks fast, don't you think? My husband is just the opposite and searches for words when trying to express himself. Everyone is different.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you