For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Great news!!!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By karolinakitty On 2010.02.11 15:20
Just wanted to let you all know we received a letter from SSA and my PDr has been given a fully favorable decision on his disability.
I contacted the paralegal in regards to some questions i had and she commented to me that i should be a lobbyist.... Without my constant letter campaign and the links, websites and info on the WAIS-IV test, this result could have been 2 years in the making.

I want to thank of all you who replied and whose posts i sent to SSA (minus your name). It seems that his review was sent to the main legal office in MS. The paralegal told me that it was referred there because they thought we might take legal action against the officer and the tester, who had him take the WAIS-IV test. It turns out that this test will not be used in the future when determining the abilities of those who have PD, short term memory loss and slight or mild dementia. This doctor that gave the test just may be out of work with the determination process since they agreed that the former test was prejudiced in its comments. In otherwords, he profiled him.

That just proves that YES!!!! we can fight city hall.....

Thank You all again for your comments and information in that post.

If we can just fight for the future of the PD patient then all our hard work and caregiving is well worth the fight........

By Emma On 2010.02.11 16:34
Congratulations! I know what a relief and a help it can be to get that disability check. Kudos to you for your perserverance, job well done!

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.02.11 19:34
Great job, keep up the good fight! We're all relying on You and Everyone living with Parkinson's disease either patient or caregiver/partner, each victory improves life for others who follow Us. Sincerely Al

By annwood On 2010.02.12 00:38
Fantastic!! You hae helped so many future patients going through the SSI ordeal. I think I would want you on my team. Thank you for sharing this good news.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you