For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic using computer mouse Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By trapper On 2010.02.20 16:36
My wife who has Parkinsons has a problem using the computer:

She uses a laptop with a touchpad which was a problem for her, so I've added a mouse for her to use. But, when she goes to Click on an icon with the mouse (to open a program) she often moves the mouse at the same time --- which results in her dragging the icon someplace.

One of the adjustments we made was to change the mouse to the lefthanded setting so that she now doesn't tend to have her second or third finger inadvertantly do a Rclick. Still, the problem with the movement noted above still persists.

Any suggestions from you Parkinson computer geeks.

Thanks.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.02.20 17:14
I don't know if it will help but you can try speeding up the function (clicking to open) of the mouse. It's right below the spot to change to mouse over to lefthanded. It can easily be reset to default setting if it doesn't work. It might be worth the try. Good luck and let Us know if it helps. Take care.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you