For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Newly Diagnosed Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LC On 2010.03.05 14:33
My 60 year old husband has just been diagnosed with early stage PD. The neurologist put him on Azilect .5mg. He wants to see him again in 3 weeks. I was wondering what to expect from this medication. Will there be any visible changes?

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.03.05 23:54
Hi LC, Welcome to the forum. I personally have had no experience with the medicine you named. Others here might be able to answer your question. Meanwhile you could try typing it into your web browser and looking it up to see if there are side effects to be on the watch for and how it might effect the patient. Again welcome, there are many wise battle tested caregivers and patients here to help in anyway We can. Take care, best of luck, hang in there and keep posting.

By Emma On 2010.03.06 04:03
Hi LC! I don't have any knowledge of, or experience with, the medication your husband is taking. My husband who is now 68 was diagnosed at about the same age as your husband. He started out on Requip, Sinemet was added about a year later. I'm sure that there will be someone on this forum who has experience with Azilect. I think you will find that this is a great place to get questions answered and to get support when you need it. Welcome!

By mrsmop On 2010.03.06 13:29
Re Azilect: My husband who had had PD for about 10 yrs has been on Azilect. I notice no difference, but his neurologist felt there was no harm in his takiing it. Azilect claims are that it stops the breakdown of dopamine in the brain. One of the other hypes I read about was that it might be neuroprotective. The jury is still out on this.

mrsmop

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you