For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Noticing syptoms Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LC On 2010.03.12 10:36
Before my husband diagnosis I only noticed a few symptoms, slow movement, lack of facial expression, not moving one arm when he was walking. Now that he has been diagnosed I am noticing so many more. Have others experienced this? I wonder why I never notices all these things before. I'm concerned that he is either deteriorating rapidly or I am just more aware of the PD.

By lbellomy On 2010.03.12 10:43
I think you are just more aware of what to look for. We all miss the little things until there is that ahh ha moment.
Lorraine

By annwood On 2010.03.12 12:07
I agree that you are probably just noticing things now that you have the diagnosis. My husband shuffled his feet years before diagnosis - used to drive me crazy early in the morning. Try not to look for things right now. If something is a problem it will manifest itself in time.

By lynn On 2010.03.12 15:35
My mother once told me just a few years after I had married that she thought my husband's shoes hurt him. He was shuffling but I had never noticed it. that was about 3 years before his diagnosis.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.03.12 16:29
LC, Before the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease manifest to the point of being plain noticeable and that something is wrong 60 to 80% of the dopamine producing cell in the Substantia Nigra have died off. So the disease has been proceeding for some time. After diagnosis when we look back we realize the "little" things and symptoms have been there but not bothersome and overlooked. We also are subconsciously watching and noticing symptoms and effects now We know of more and what to look for. As we read and gain information we are amazed finding that what were once considered "quirks" or just "habits" can be symptoms. It's only normal to now see more of the disease. It doesn't mean He's progressing faster or deteriorating quicker, it just means you've learned more about Parkinson's and what signs and symptoms manifest. It's all part of the process of adjusting to and living with this Disease. Hang in there and stick with Us here on the forum We know it's scary and bewildering most of the time but We're all here for You and Yours. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you