For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Newly diagnosed - where do I go from here? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By jab On 2010.03.12 22:35
My dad was diagnosed a year ago. Up until now it was fairly controlled with medication, but now it seems like it's escalated rapidly. Where do I go to find basic info about symptoms and what to expect. I don't want it sugar-coated. He is already experiencing hallucinations and panic attacks.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.03.12 23:35
Hi jab, welcome to the forum, there are any number of sites online A.P.D.A. the MJFox foundation, NPDF, that have information in downloadable form and booklets for free.

Your Dad may need his medicines monitored and adjusted as the panic attacks and hallucinations could be side effects of some med's. Look online for the med's He's taking and any side effects from them. A hint go to something like web md. try to stay away from sites about drugs by the manufacturer of the drugs, after all they are making them and selling them they tend to down play side effects and tout benefits.

You've made a good choice posting here on the forum as there are many learned people here battling this disease who tend not to sugarcoat anything. Again welcome, keep posting and asking questions We'll all try to help. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By annwood On 2010.03.13 11:41
Hi, Jab
Welcome to our forum. Great people with good advice. I am one of those who does not sugar coat anything - almost to a fault. I was with my huband during his 17 yr battle with PD. He died 2 yrs ago but I stay because I just love these people. Al always has good advice - look up those meds, accompany him to a physician appointment and ask questions, and look up old threads on this forum. We have covered just about every topic in the past but things change and we are here to help.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you