For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic John died 3/4/10 Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By kuttlewis On 2010.03.16 08:59
After four pneumonias in six weeks, John was given morphine every two hours and was pain free and comfortable for the first time in a long, long time. He never woke up. His mind was clear, though, and he knew he was surrounded by people who loved him very much. Fly, John, fly.

By annwood On 2010.03.16 10:31
Please accept my condolences. You both fought a brave battle and I am happy that he was comfortable at the end. It is now time for you to rest and regroup. You will soon realize how exhausted you are and what YOU have been through. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done - not everyone can do what you did for another human being. Focus on the good times and the love you two had for each other. We are here for you.

By Mary On 2010.03.16 15:58
My deepest sympathies for your loss. Hugs and blessings to you, Mary

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.03.16 16:10
My condolences to You and yours on the passing of John. My G-d's Angels guide and comfort you in these days ahead. My they warm the cold spots you may encounter and light the way your feet tread. It was a fight well fought and a struggle well borne. Take time to rest and heal, cry when you must and laugh when you can. Hold up Your head and take pride in the fact that not only did you do a wonderful job in caregiving, both You and John in the midst of this horrendous disease found it in you both to take time to reach out and help lighten this burden for others involved in their own struggle. Your kind guidance with words and helpful hints, your compassionate "I know I've been there's" have helped many more than you can imagine at this time. Again My condolences.

By karolinakitty On 2010.03.16 18:55
Sorry about your loss kuttlewis, you have our sympathies. Thank you for the replies you had given, they have really helped me in my time of need. God Bless you and yours.....

By Emma On 2010.03.20 05:56
I am so sorry for your loss. May you find peace now and be comforted by knowing that you were there for him. Blessings to you.

By dkleinert On 2010.03.22 01:20
May you heal and find peace in your heart knowing you did all you could and were there for your husband until the end. What you have done is above and beyond, and you deserve to rest now. May you be blessed with sound sleep and healing rest.

By sooboo On 2010.03.23 17:33
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope it's a comfort to you that he passed easily. Take care of yourself.

By kuttlewis On 2010.04.17 08:38
Thank you. Cleaning house seems to help temporarily cover the aching void. Gosh I miss him, not the sufferer but the man he used to be. But even I would not want him to go through this again.

By lostdaughter On 2010.04.21 22:56
I am late in offering my sympathies & I apologize for that. I am so sorry for your loss. My mom was in the hospital when John passed & I wasn't checking the forum much. Mom passed on April 8, 2010. Like you, I miss her a great deal but would never want her to have to suffer like she had the past few years.

May God watch over you & keep you in His care.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you