For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Forum] [Home] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Books] [Commentary] [Contact] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic April is official Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.03.30 15:15
This is part of an email I received and thought I'd pass it on

For the First Time, Designation is a National Reality!

For the first time, April has been nationally designated as Parkinson's Awareness Month. On March 26, the United States Senate took an action long sought by the Parkinson's community - it designated April as Parkinson's Awareness Month. This action signifies the importance of Parkinson's disease, and it recognizes Congress' commitment to finding better treatments and a cure for Parkinson's disease. Thanks to the actions of Senators Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Johnny Isakson (R-GA), Mike Johanns (R-NE), and Mark Udall (D-CO), S. Res. 474 was passed unanimously, and this designation is now a national reality.

The Parkinson's community has long recognized April as Parkinson's Awareness Month, in the hopes of spreading awareness about this disease. It is heartening to know that now the recognition is national.

By shakydog On 2010.04.18 17:02
I sent an email to the WA state Governor asking if she was going to join the others in proclaiming april as parky month. Especially since the major parky care center in WA is named for a former Gov. I got a signed proclamation in the mail. I don't know if it was a onesy to make me feel good or the real deal, but at least she responded.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.04.18 19:43
WTG shakydog! Keep up the advocacy and the more people we remind that we're "out here" the better............................It's good to shake some people up once in awhile instead of just keeping the shaking to ourselves isn't it.

© 2003-2016 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you