For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic laying in the mud Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By worriedaboutdad On 2010.04.01 23:39
My poor Dad fell this evening. Who knows what he was doing but I'm sure to him it was important. I feel awful because he was trying to get his phone so he could call me. Luckily, my sister in law was passing by and saw him. He said he had been laying in the mud for an hour. His comment was "next time maybe I'll be dead." That makes me so sad, but I know sometimes he probably feels that way because it is so frustrating. I had seen him earlier and I can't explain it but he just doesn't look right. He looks so thin and hollow. Just venting.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.04.02 01:07
worried, What a awful experience for all involved! Yes it probably was very frustrating maybe you can rig up a cell phone on a small chain or cord to hook on his belt and slide in a pocket? That way if he falls it will be within reach for him to use?

Also you might ask him if the next time he wants to make "mud angles" would he please fight the urge until someone is around to help him up? Sometimes We Parkinson's are struck with the strangest ideas and end up getting ourselves into the goofiest messes! I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that ........ just at times you have to make best of something that happened. We all know it was a very dangerous situation and thank G-d he wasn't seriously injured. Take care, best of luck and hang in there!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you