For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Dappled spots of sunshine amidst the darkness Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.04.18 01:20
Being a young onset Parkinsonian does at times leave provision for some light to break thru the clouds that blur our horizons. When I was diagnosed at age 33, the future was looking very bleak. This was back in the spring of 1986 and remember we weren't that far removed from leech craft as far as Parkinson's Disease was concerned medicine wise. The future was at best a rough guess. Questions, would I live to see my children graduate from high school? College if they wanted to go? How would I continue to earn a living? What about any retirement? Questions and cloudy answers, if any came. Well I've got some answers now, Children are grown and succeeding. Some bright spots, I'm getting by, nothing in excess but I'm getting by, bright spot. Last weekend my second granddaughter was born making total of five bright shiny spots. Three Grandsons and Two Granddaughters. Just thought I'd share that with You my friends. I thought it would be nice to let you know about some bright spots amongst this lifelong battle we're waging against this damn dread disease. Take care, best of luck and hang in there!

By packerman On 2010.04.19 12:32
Al,
YOU are a bright spot when things get rough in my household. :)

i have forwarded some of the things you have shared with my husband because they apply to him and he can relate. he has enjoyed them.

i've asked him to come here to share, but he's got his DBS Forum and a couple of blogs he keeps up with instead. he gets a lot of satisfaction adding insight to them...which i'm sure you understand. :)

hugs,
Pat

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you