For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic voice magnification Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By sfcalgal On 2010.04.18 12:29
My father has Parkinson's in a late stage with a lot of other medical problems. It is nearly impossible for his grandchildren to talk with him on the phone any longer as his voice is barely a whisper. Does anyone know of any voice magnification system that we can use on the phone for him. His grandchildren live 3000 miles away and cannot communicate any other way with him.

Thank you

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.04.18 13:22
Hi and welcome to the forum sfcalgal. I don't have any specific product to recommend but I just typed Voice amplification device into my browser and the aol search popped up over 68,000 sites. If you try that perhaps you can find something to fit your needs? I hope this helps. Again welcome to Our forum. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By Emma On 2010.04.19 16:12
Hi sfcalgal and welcome! I don't know of any products but I'm sure there are some. My husband has a very soft voice too and one of his brothers mentioned to me once that he puts him on speaker phone when they talk because it's louder than the handset. It might be worth a try.

By hubb On 2010.04.20 15:20
In glancing thru a catalog I received yesterday, I noticed a section called "Better Hearing" which shows several devices to amplify phones as well as devices o help with TV. Don't know if they are any good or not, but thought you might be interested. The catalog is from First Street and their telephone no. is 1-800-704-1210 or www.firststreetonline.com. Hope it's of some help.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you