For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic New to forum and glad I found you! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By anniem On 2010.04.29 12:54
Hi, everyone. I'm new to this forum, being new to the journey. My husband, 71, was diagnosed 2 years ago. He is currently on Stalevo and has been pretty stable since starting it. At least, that's what I think based on my limited experience with all this, but things have been kind of odd lately and I'm beginning to think it's the PD. I've read as much as I can about it...my husband refuses to.

I'm so glad you are here. I'm just so glad and relieved I could cry. I'm struggling with the caregiving aspect at the moment. Since 2002 I've cared for my 98 year old grandfather (now deceased) and also my mother, now in a nursing home with Alzheimer's, stage 6/7. Yesterday, when I came home from the NH and found my husband staring off into space I just wanted to go to bed (at 2:30 p.m.) and not come out until morning. He's had a lot of mood problems lately. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time. He has moody silences or irrational outbursts over what seem like little things to me.

Anyway, I'm going to spend a lot of time catching up on all thes posts and lurking. Truthfully, I'm so new at PD I can't see where I'd have too much useful info to add but I will when I can. Thank you very much for being here.

By Newcaregiver On 2010.04.29 15:51
Anniem: of course you have useful responses! Just knowing another is part of the group is helpful and that we can be of comfort as we receive comfort! We each have different issues/problems and you never know what you may say that helps another. Take care. It can be so overwhelming!

By karolinakitty On 2010.04.30 07:41
welcome to the forum!!! any info is useful info .... there may be a small trick that gets you through the days, that someone else may think very useful. Stick with us and as Al says...hang in there

By anniem On 2010.04.30 19:46
Thank you for your responses. I'm going to be reading all the past posts. It just seems there are increasingly odd moments or behaviors and I'm not sure what to make of any of it nor am I sure how to handle it. My husband has had other health problems in the past that also may be affecting all this. I have learned that it's best to say nothing sometimes, er, most of the time.

By Emma On 2010.04.30 23:03
anniem,
Welcome to the forum, we're glad that you have joined us! This board has been a lifesaver for me, there are a lot of people with good information here and a lot of good listeners. We will do our best to help you out when you need it and look forward to your input as well.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you