For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic The Positive Side of Our Journey Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By caregivermary On 2010.04.29 17:37
[deleted]

By Emma On 2010.04.29 18:41
caregivermary, thank you for sharing this with us. Your post went up while I was typing mine. I agree with you, there is a positive side to the journey. My husband and I have shared some of the best moments of our 29 year marriage since he was diagnosed. At this stage of his disease it is very difficult to find things that he can still enjoy, we haven't stopped living, but it's a different kind of life. So, I'm very grateful for all of the things that we did before we got to this point. Lest anyone read my post as being negative, that was not my intention. The reality is that this journey is difficult and I don't want that to be diminished, but yes, we caregivers are providing love, encouragement and compassion. We are trying our best to enjoy what we have. I know, and my husband knows, that my love and care has made his life with Parkinson's better. We just keep doing our best.

By lynn On 2010.05.02 21:44
I agree. After the diagnosis, my husband and I stopped sweating the small stuff.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you