For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Cognative - On/Off Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By MJ-Camano On 2010.05.10 12:56
I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the cognative changes like we have recently:

For the past year, my husband had spells of hallucinating, not knowing where he was, couldn't carry on a simple conversation, couldn't track a tv program, etc - this would last 2-3 weeks and usually happened when there was a medication change.

But in April, he had a really bad spell; where he was constantly seein people around our home (they even helped with a few things), he didn't know where he was most of the time - was the worst I had ever seen him. This lasted about 3 weeks (NO medication changes) then he snapped out of it and has been the best he had been in a year - can even carry on a conversation, is trying to help around the house, very few dreams at night, etc.

It is such a drastic change; I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this..

MJ

By Emma On 2010.05.10 13:21
My husband has on/off episodes with hallucinating, etc. but they typically last hours or days, not weeks. He always sees things (and by always I mean on a daily basis), usually mice and cockroaches, but quite often it's a man sitting on our couch. From what I've read Parkinson's hallucinations are usually of animals or people. They don't bother my husband and they don't bother me. He has a lot of auditory hallucinations too. From time to time he gets extremely confused and has much more vivid and detailed hallucinations and delusions. One that he had a while back, which I think I posted about at the time, was that our neighbor had come over with the military to put him to bed. Other than that his cognitive ability changes too, there are days when he doesn't know where he is or can't carry on a conversation like you said. But again, these things usually only last for hours or days with us. I know that it can be frightening, I would talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you