For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Hydration Time Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.05.26 19:26
Here I am again, to remind those "Old Hands" and to tell those "New Hands" here to remember Hydration. It's been very warm and now Hot and Humid here in New England. We Parkinson's Patients are at high risk of dehydration in this weather. With the stiffness and poverty of movement. The Tremors. Even trying to absorb our medications into our system we sweat. Some of us, myself included sweat profusely. (I mean pouring out of us, dripping down soaking wet) I remember my pcp told me to cut down on salt once. I mentioned this to my neurologist and he asked if I did. I told him no, he said good you need salt! Made a note and my pcp never mentioned lowering salt again. So it may be something to think about running by your doctors (esp.Pcp) if they, using current medical wisdom on salt intake say limit it in diet. Just another point where a current conventional medical trend goes out the window with Parkinson's Disease. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you