For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Talking in his sleep Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LC On 2010.06.02 08:56
My husband has started taking Azilect 1.0mg daily. While we were on vacation this past week he was talking in his sleep alot. He even started laughing at one point. Is this a side effect of the drug or some weird symptom of PD?

By lurkingforacure On 2010.06.02 12:12
We do this occasionally, and I get a smile on my face when he wakes me up laughing in his sleep, because I think "at least he's happy THERE, wherever he is".

I've posted about talking, even yelling, in sleep before, and it's very sporadic and unpredictable for us. When my husband has one of "those" dreams where he yells or makes this weird screaming sound, I think he must be running naked through a jungle somewhere away from some tribe who wants to skin him or sacrifice him, he sounds absolutely scared to death and it's horrifying. As loud as it is, he has never woken up when he does this. Sleeps right through it, and remembers nothing when he does wake up.

Sleep disorders/disruption is one of the earliest signs of PD and is extremely common. In fact, we were told if you don't have it, you are an anomaly. I wish we were one of those sometimes. BTW, sleeping pills don't help my husband, although a lot of PWP take them.

By karolinakitty On 2010.06.02 20:04
I too have posted before about the talking, moving, laughing.... all that stuff.... a little good news on that front for us though... it hasn't happened since adding the melatonin to our daily meds ....

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you