For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic A bad month Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By shakydog On 2010.06.06 00:58
Did everyone have a bad month? Seems like all the posts have been spiralling down. I'm feeling worse, Al is down. So are most of your loved ones.

Did the moon shift?

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.06.06 09:24
shakydog, I don't know about any shift in the moon, however, perhaps we've been stung by a Bee? You know the May Bee? Maybe it's something I ate, maybe it will pass? maybe it's the weather, maybe tomorrow will be better.....etc, etc, etc. ? You hang in there my Pal!

By karolinakitty On 2010.06.06 09:55
Mine too asked if there was something in the air ......

He's had a difficult month in the light of things.... legs swelling to be the worse i guess.... i know i'm repeating but he really got worried there for awhile. It came down to some research and getting him off his feet some during the day. I needed to leave him for 4 days and i was probably more worried then he was but i put the stress on myself. i need to call the doc this coming week and see about an increase in meds as he's having more and more troubles conversing. He wants me to hold off a minute though becuase of this issue.

Here in low country of SC, we have had high 80's and 90 degree temps for awhile now with humidity running high and dewpoints about 70. Hot and humid....
when he saw the doc about his legs, the doc told him he has several patients who get that way this time of year and stay that way until the cooler weather starts. He had no explanation for it just that it happens. He also said that with this warmer weather and the fact my guy LOVES the outdoors, and even if it never bothered him before, it could be a culprit now. As we know about dehydration issues with PD, there are also brain activity issues. Here lies the fact that in the heat, you can get disoriented as well. WHen your brain is not 100% it may effect you worse. Suggestion from doc was to limit outdoor activity during the heat of the day... here that has been running since about 10am until 8pm... that's most of the day .....of course my guys shop is air conditioned, so he can go in there to cool down. This is also a good time of year for colds to start again and some allergies lingering, especially cut grass.....
As mine says... not everything is PD realted but it sure relates to my PD!!!!!!!

By lurkingforacure On 2010.06.06 11:51
For us it's just been very busy with three graduations (one out of town, that was very exhausting for my husband but it was his family so had to go), end of school year for kids with all that entails, gearing up for summer and what to do with and for the kids, etc. etc.

All of that busy-ness leaves little time to rest and refresh the body, which everyone needs but especially PWP. I am seriously considering asking my husband to go to a tai chi class because they are supposed to be so good for PD. If he won't, which probably will be his response, I am planning on buying a DVD so he can do it at home. Yoga is good too but I've read the tai chi helps more with balance which is an issue for PD as well as everyone as we age. We're not making much progress on the bike/cycling program so I'm going to go at him exercising another way.

Here's an uplifting thought: a friend on another forum started a yoga class just for PWP. He has had PD 19 years and still maintains a half acre garden, travels a bit, and leads a pretty full life for someone in his 70s....but here's the best part: one of the PWP in his yoga class is 93-now that's something!

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.06.06 16:21
kk, you two are so right about humidity. It knocks the poop out of Me too! The weather here in Massachusetts has been awful, a few days of 80 to 90 degree's, humid, then a day or two in the 60's and right back up to the 80's and humid again and this is May and early June! Oy-vey! Help me I'm being held prisoner by my a/c! Thankfully I've got a/c don't know what I'd do without it! Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By mylove On 2010.06.06 18:48
Lurking, I'm going to prod Shakydog back here to talk to you about the tai chi. He just finished a couple of classes. I was so proud of him for doing it - the class was at 8 a.m. on Saturday mornings, and I know how hard it must have been to rouse himself to get up and go exercise early in the morning on a weekend! But... he did enjoy it and did well. I'll let him give you some insight on that one.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.06.06 19:23
OMG!! Lurking run for the house! ML is setting the Dog on you! Gosh She can be mean huh? lol, sorry just couldn't resist that. Must be the med's or the disease? I know it isn't Me :)

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you