For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Hubby-cam Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By packerman On 2010.07.09 11:39
i work during the day and my PD hubby is home by himself most of the time.
he recently found a set of small, remote cameras and a website for me to log into at work so i can check on him. what a help to my peace-of-mind!
his idea is to put them up in his office, the living room and hallway.
this way, i won't worry-as much-about him while i'm gone.

i can get the details from him if anyone is interested.
Pat

By LibbyBuck On 2010.07.09 14:52
I love this idea, but while we're talking about equipment. Does anyone know where I can get one of those alarms they have at the hospital that clips to a persons clothing and goes off when they get up?

By parkinit On 2010.07.10 16:14
Libby - not knowing your exact application, I did a quick google and found bed alarms ranging from $50 to around $175. Here's the link for you to see the search results:
fficial&client=firefox-a'>http://www.google.com/search?q=bed+alarm&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

By annieb5767 On 2010.07.29 11:04
I would love to know more about this.

By packerman On 2010.07.29 12:53
the website is called Logitech.
i login to check on him when i haven't heard from him and am wondering if he's up and about yet (but don't want to wake him if he's still sleeping).

he just bought 2 more "cameras" that look like digital clocks and are less obvious. we have 2 others that look like webcams.

it is closed-circuit, and he had to allow "permission to view" to my desktop machine at work. this is a good security feature so that even if you have someone's username & password, that just anyone cannot login to view.

so far, it's working for us.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you