For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic MY GOD THE HEAT!! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By LibbyBuck On 2010.07.09 14:54
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties because of the freakishly hot summer we're having?

By karolinakitty On 2010.07.09 17:25
I was laughing at the big headlines on my computer the past few days. East Coast Sweltering in the heat! So i looked at the weather for various cities with the temp and heat index. Still nothing beat what we had a few weeks ago here in SC. We had temps in the high 90 and 100s plus heat indexes up around 120 and more. I didn't see any headlines then. I'm originally from PA so i know what the northern "heat waves" are. It's been real bad here. You can't do anything outside after 11am or 12pm, last night at midbight it was 82* here on the lake with a heat index of 89*. We had a break around the 4th with temps and indexes going no higher then 95* it was a great relief. But off to the races again we go........ Watch your PDer for dehydration and stay in the air conditioning as much as possible. If you don't have whole house air try visiting a center for a good part of the day....

Stay Cool ya'll .....it's the way of the south...... :)

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.07.09 19:23
Libby, I hear you! Along with the hydration We have to remember that when these newscasters relay the "Limit your exercise to cooler morning and after sunset time". Well having Parkinson's Disease has been likened to moderate exercise. With the poverty and slowness of movement, tremors, dystonia, dyskinesia and effects upon our autonomic nervous system............how can you limit living to just early morning or after sunset? Over time here we have likened moving to walking in mud or cement. Like having weights attached to our arms and legs. So We are caught in a situation when we can't "take it easy" in the heat of the day! Just a reminder that we HAVE to stay hydrated and turn on the A/C. Take care, best of lick and hang in there.

By karolinakitty On 2010.07.11 12:08
It's now official!!!!! After coming off a 20 year record for the coldest and snowiest winter the State of South Carolina has broken the record for the hottest June. We had an average daily temp of 92 with the heat index averaging in the 100s . Yippee!!!!!
Wonder what July shall bring??????
Watching the tropics closely... it's been 21 years now since Hugo came through here...ya just never know....

Keep cool ya'll and get yourself a glass of sweet tea!!!!!!

© MyParkinsons.org · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by Woodworking-News.com
and
by people like you