For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic hallelujah! Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By violaanne On 2010.07.13 21:09
I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have found this forum. Just a few minutes of reading was enough to convince me I had finally found a place to talk about issues only pwp caregiver's fully understand. My husband, age 64, was diagnosed in 1991, so we have been at this for quite some time. I retired 6 years ago to take care of him full time. His condition has taken a physical as well as mental toll on me, so we have finally engaged some in home help. Activities of daily living have become more and more challenging as we have had to adjust to all the goodies that come along with a diagnosis of pd -- hallucinations, constipation, incontinence, falling, syncopae, impotence -- you know the list I'm sure. So hello! I'm so glad I found you.

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.07.14 00:17
violaanne, hi and welcome to the forum! We're glad you found Us also! Many great people here to help in anyway We can. Again welcome to our forum family!

By Emma On 2010.07.14 05:11
Welcome to the forum violaanne! We all remember the relief we felt when we found this great place where other people really do know what we are going through. It has been a lifesaver for me. My husband is 68 and like you I retired (4 years ago) to take care of him full time. We have the same issues you describe. It does take a physical, mental and emotional toll on the caregiver and just knowing that there are others out there going through the same thing helps so much. We also have a few PD patients with us, like lohengren, who give us a different perspective and are great at educating us. Stay with us, we're glad you're here!

By karolinakitty On 2010.07.14 16:43
Welcome violaanee!!!! this is a great place for any questions and a great place to vent..... hope you learn as much from these good folks as i have ......

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you