For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic mylove and shakydog??????? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By karolinakitty On 2010.07.20 18:12
Has anyone heard from these 2 lately?????
I know there were issues around graduation and such....... i do hope everything is ok????

By mylove On 2010.07.21 00:58
Hi KK! :-D

We are still here... just flitting through as we can. It's been pretty crazy.

Shakydog is finally feeling a bit better as he works his way through the aftereffects of the meningitis. We are still very frustrated that it was missed for so long which set him so far behind. Two courses of prednisone later, he's finally improving. It's frightening to think of your brain swelling for no apparent reason and there's nothing you can do about it. (On top of everything else!)

Now, evidently, it's been my turn. Four months of an ulcer (exacerbated by stress) and now kidney stones (brought on by the antacids for the ulcer, ironically! Sometimes you can't win for losing...). I think we're trading off feeling miserable. LOL

Our daughter graduated high school in June, we had a family reunion/graduation party here for the 4th of July, and the next step is to get her moved into her college dorm. Orientation is Monday through Wednesday of next week and one parent has to attend with her, so Shakydog and the 16 year old boy will be batching it. Hopefully they have lots of fun!

Things at work are crazy stressful for both of us right now and won't get better soon, so we are trying hard to cope over here. Working together makes it both easier and harder. On one hand, there's someone who can understand all the challenges you're going through, and on the other hand, it's very easy to feed off each other's stress. Lately it's been more of the latter. I know it's mostly me - my job has absolutely exploded in the last year and I don't yet know how to cope. With the added challenges of our family health woes I sometimes feel like I've had the last straw that I can deal with - and then someone adds another straw!

I realize that there are two problems here: 1 - I need to get a handle on how to cope gracefully, because heaven knows this is small potatoes compared to the load some other people carry. And 2 - I need to find ways to deal with work and home stress without adding more to Shakydog's load. I have an appointment tomorrow with a really great counselor that I've seen before, and hope to 'add some more tools to my coping toolbox'. And - after the crazy three day college orientation next week, I scheduled myself a one-hour massage session! Take THAT, stress! :-D

By shakydog On 2010.07.21 01:19
Hi KK, and thanks for asking after us!!

It has been a crazy couple months full of doctor visits, personal "crisis" and home projects. I started to list everything that has gone on and had to laugh. There are so many things that have happened that it sounded silly. Life is good.

We check here every day, but there doesn't seem to be an extra 15 minutes to post a comment. Sorry for that. We are both on FB and have our e-mail shown on profile, please add us. I can't promise a quicker response, but it seems to be easier.

Hang in there

(sorry Al, I haven't written to you in a while either)

:-D

Shaky

By karolinakitty On 2010.07.25 15:32
Glad to see y'all are doing ok for the most part. I looked at your profiles and the email was hidden for me. I checked FB and got 36 of your names but wasn't sure which one you are. If you put in Penny Adams, Lake Marion, SC I should pop up. My pic has me wearing a red t-shirt and holding a 49lb fish. There are several others that visit here that I have on my friends list, so y'll won't be alone......
Have fun while my love is away
And my love....NO STRESS....It's College enjoy the atmosphere!!!!!!!!!!

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you