For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Parkinson's and Lyme Disease? Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Emma On 2010.10.15 04:28
Has anyone heard about a possible connection between Parkinson's and Lyme Disease? My daughter has Lyme and she got a copy of a documentary about it. I can't remember the name of the documentary right now, but in that video they talk about a possible connection between Lyme and several neurological disorders including Parkinson's, ALS, MS, and Alzheimers. Apparently there have been several studies where a high percentage of people with those diseases test positive for the bacteria that is associated with Lyme. I'm just curious to know if anyone else has any information about this. I asked my husband if he had ever had any tick bites and he said that when he was in the service and stationed down south he was bitten several times. I just find it an interesting possibility.

By worriedwife On 2010.10.15 21:07
I would very interested in this. I lived in Minnesota for 12 years and moved to another state. Shortly after arriving in our new home, I came down with some illness that was never diagnosed. It started with pain in the back of my neck. The next day a rash spread over my body. I went to a dr here and asked about the possibility of lyme disease since I had just come from a state heavily infested with ticks. She ignored me and said I was having a reaction to Goody's Headache Powders and gave me steroids. By the next day I could not use my hands. The illness spread for the next few days until every joint hurt and I could not even raise my arms. Then just as quickly, it all faded away. The dr never tested me for anything since she was sure it was all a reaction and I never found out for sure what happened. Weird, huh. From what I read on LD it does cause neurological problems.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you