For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Pain and Parkinson's Disease Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By shakingpt On 2010.10.16 07:08
This article is from the Parkinson's Foundation. If you have not read it I think you should. Lohengrin has talked about dystonia and pain. That is addressed in this article as well as other common areas of pain associated with PD that should be of interest to everyone.

http://www.pdf.org/en/winter04_05_Pain_in_Parkinsons_Disease

By karolinakitty On 2010.10.16 08:24
Thanx for this .... i bookmarked the page and will print it out to take to his neuro who told us there is no pain associated with PD......

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.10.16 09:33
shaking, good article. Thanks for posting the link to it. Take care, best of luck and hang in there.

By gap2010 On 2010.10.17 06:47
thank you so much for this link. I signed on here to ask the question about pain with Parkinson's disease. My husband has been in so much pain these past few days...all over and also cramps in the buttocks, all the way down his legs, front and back. It's so hard to see him suffer in this way. The depression and anxiety has been really bad as well.

By lurkingforacure On 2010.10.17 13:12
Somtimes muscle cramps or spasms can be helped by magnesium and/or calcium. When we get a bout of these, I will give my husband a glass of water with some powdered magnesium, it's called MagnaCalm and is sold at health food stores. You can get it by itself, or combined with calcium. It's fizzy, and he doesn't like it, but it seems to help.

The other thing you can do it get your PWP into a warm bath that has epsom salts in it, epsom salts have magnesium in them and it is absorbed through the skin. Plus the warm water is relaxing. My guy hates bathes so this isn't really an option for us, but may help others.

We're going to try the Canadry Dry as well.

By susger8 On 2010.10.19 08:06
Lurking, that's a good suggestion about the calcium/magnesium. I used to donate platelets, and the anticoagulants deplete calcium from the blood. They always told me to take extra calcium before donating. I got some bad cramps after donations, and they would give me a couple of Tums to chew. They get into your system very quickly and replenish the calcium. Tums are good to have on hand in case of cramping.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you