For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Pick, leave me alone. Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By mylove On 2010.11.16 20:22
I've tried to be nice, but even a good dog bites when you poke it with a stick long enough. Please stop picking the fight.

By Pick On 2010.11.16 22:11
okaaaaay.....sorry you feel that way but I just reviewed all 17 of my posts. I poked you how?

By mylove On 2010.11.16 23:21
"Also for the record JockDoc did post vents but that was back in the day before *mylove* joined the forum"

I want everyone to know the truth here: JockDoc left because his beloved wife passed away, and he needed some mental health time to rest and regroup himself. You can find his last few posts on that subject if you search back. Nowhere in there is a statement that anyone chased him off or that he left because he was upset about the board.

"your comments are what drove me from the board..."

No... you left the board about a year ago when you got in flame wars with other people. Somewhere along the line you decided you just don't like my face or something and so you feel compelled to flame the majority of my posts too. And then claim that somehow I insulted or aimed hurtful things at YOU. Believe me, I never thought about you personally.

I'm here, and I have been here since Shakydog and I decided to begin this journey three years ago, because I want to learn as much as I can to do the best by him. I'm here because this feels like a community, and I think we all need friends who understand. I'm here, and whether you like it or not, I'm not leaving. I find it valuable to be here.

I get that you don't like the way I look at life, or the way Karolinakitty looks at life, or the way Tatyana looked at life, or LifewithShaky. You have a lot more than 17 posts on this board, and most of the posters right now are new, so they don't know how far back this goes. It's okay if you don't like me. It's cool if we disagree. This is a free country. I'm even willing to learn, if you have another point of view that I can learn from. But what do you say we cool the hostility? You can disagree without being nasty, calling someone names, taking offense to things you read between the lines, fanning the flames, and pointlessly keeping fights going on and on. I've made a concerted effort to be conciliatory and peacekeeping over the last week since this all blew up, but you dragged me into it again, and I'm not going to go through the ugliness of last year all over again. Life is too damn short to submit to internet board flaming.

So.. let's just go back to productive discussion. I think you have a lot of valuable advice to offer, and I like to share what I've learned as well. Let's focus our energies on that instead of this playground stuff that's been going on for the last week. None of us need additional drama - life gives us enough of that on our own.

By shakydog On 2010.11.16 23:22
"Also, for the record JockDoc did post vents but that was back in the day before mylove joined the forum. Everyone just let him vent without judgment and without accusing him of "spreading bitterness" (gah! how selfish can you be???). Thankfully. He endured so much."

I read this as an accusation of mylove being selfish and mean for trying to give a simple pat on the back to someone who was at the end of the rope.

We have enough problems right now. Find someone else to prod

By Pick On 2010.11.16 23:48
"Also, for the record JockDoc did post vents but that was back in the day before mylove joined the forum."

All I meant was that you were less likely to be aware of these posts because most of them occurred before you joined the forum. Nothing more. I don't have any problem with the way you look at your life...if it works for you then great....and even if I did I wouldn't have the energy or interest to dwell on it. I don't know why you think I'm being hostile, calling people names or being nasty....and you are misquoting me when you say "your comments are what drove me from this board."

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you