For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Thankful for you ... Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By Emma On 2010.11.25 02:25
Yesterday while I was starting my Thanksgiving preparations I decided to write a little note to everyone in my family telling them why I was thankful for them. I then rolled each note up, tied it with a ribbon and put a little tag with their name on it. I put the notes in a bowl on the snack bar where the punch and appetizers will be. This is my note to you (because you are part of my family too).

I'm thankful to you for always being here, for sharing your heartache and joys. For listening when I think I can't go on another minute. For hearing my voice. For being there with comfort, advice and hugs. For the laughter, hope and inspiration and compassion that keeps me going. I'm thankful for diverse viewpoints, that we can disagree and still move forward. I'm thankful that so many good people are part of my life. Blessing to you all on this Thanksgiving Day!

By Lacy On 2010.11.25 09:03
To Emma and all my new friends here.....I couldn't have said it better! Having found this forum less than two weeks ago has given me renewed faith in what I can do as a caregiver, as a wife, as a friend and companion to the one I love so much.

To all who have been here and continue to be here offering so much support to so many of us, many blessings to you and yours on this Thanksgiving day.
Lacy

By karolinakitty On 2010.11.25 10:33
Emma ... i will say this again.. i am so thankful for you and the many others who have been through this longer than i have and as you said, we can disagree, as most families do,come back and share the infinite wisdom that comes with being a caregiver.
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

By hubb On 2010.11.25 14:10
Emma, I think of you as the Annwood of today - for those new to the forum, this lady was an important part of the forum having been thru so much and being able to express it so well that it was a help to us all and you have that same ability - we are thankful for you.

By Michele On 2010.11.26 07:45
To all my new friends here in the forum - I am so thankful to have found the support and comfort you all provide. Your postings are inspirational and give me a depth of information that I could not get anywhere else. So many of you express the highs and lows of caregiving so well that I learn something new every time I come here. I am grateful to have you all. Happy belated Thanksgiving.

By parkinit On 2010.12.03 21:39
Thanks, Emma. It is good to remind ourselves FREQUENTLY that we do have and what we do have to be thankful for. This forum is such an item for me. The wisdom that is shared here is priceless.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you