For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic (new) Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By TiredTexan On 2010.12.08 14:18
This is pretty trivial, but it "bugs" me. On the "posts" column, in parenthesis, it shows (3 - or 10 - or even more - new). And yet to find comments that are really "new" ones added to existing posts, it is necessary to scroll through lots of posts. Can't the posts of the past 2 or 3 or 4 days be indicated some way? Is it possible to move those to the beginning? Or something!

By karolinakitty On 2010.12.08 18:34
Texan .. from my previous experience working as admin for boards like this, you would have to have someone 24/7 adjust each post, delete other posts. It is a lot more complicated than it looks. Some boards have pages, but even then, you have to scroll down to the last post you recognize, usually by date, and read on to the next post.... I like this board because it at least has the (mark read) posts so you know when there are new posts....
Do you check the box that says email replies, if you do that you can get the newest posts on that subject in your email, then read it there.... Those are about the only things i can tell you... Perhaps Jim can offer more technical stuff, but after setting up and working these boards the more options you have the more it costs to run the board. Since this is a .org , it runs on donations. I can tell you that the fanciest of boards can cost upwards in the thousands of dollars to have on the internet per year......

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you