For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic With thanks; For Mom Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By colettem On 2010.12.13 20:23
Over four years ago I found this forum after desperately looking for some answers to all the questions I had about my mom and the stroke she had suffered on top of her Parkinsonís of 20 years. Iíve been in and out of the conversation, sometimes posting and mostly just reading and learning and being encouraged knowing that other people understood what I was going through.
At first, I just wanted someone to tell me what was going to happen thinking that I would be able to cope better if I knew that answer. But as you all know, no one can tell you exactly what will happen with this disease. I can answer that question myself now, and I donít think that it would have helped me any to know then what I know now. Itís a process, and it had to happen a day at a time.
My mom passed away on November 2, peacefully, after over four years in a nursing facility. I still do not know how to describe those years. I will not try to sugar coat them (except to say that the nurses were wonderful there and became like family to us). I know that you all understand how terrible this disease is. But it is all over now and mom is no longer suffering. She endured so much.
I just wanted to thank you all for your words of encouragement and honesty and help over these past 4 years. Please keep it going for all those like me. It really was a lifeline during such a difficult time. THANK YOU!

By LOHENGR1N On 2010.12.13 23:50
colettem, condolences to you and yours on your Mom's passing. You've all fought the good fight and walked that long walk. Our prayers are with you all. May G-d guide you safely back. Take time to heal, please stop in here on the forum when you can from time to time. Visit with your friends and family here and lend your wisdom and guidance to others in their struggle. Always laugh when you can, cry when you must and take time to heal. Sincerely Al.

By Emma On 2010.12.14 03:12
colettem. I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She is at peace now. Blessings to you as you move forward.

By parkinit On 2010.12.16 21:59
Sorry to hear of your mom's death. May you be comforted.

By dkleinert On 2010.12.16 23:51
Thanks for sharing with us - we care about you. Take time to heal now - you will slowing heal from your loss. Know you did the very best for your Mom and she is now whole again! God Bless you.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you