For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic check medicare coverage of urinary incontinence supplies Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By parkinit On 2010.12.16 21:41
I located the following information and thought it might be helpful to those who have Medicare and have PDers who are incontinent.

To check coverage of urinary incontinence supplies in your state, simply go to and select your state, and then choose "Urological Supplies" from the list of topics.

Coverage of "Urological Supplies" generally includes "urine collection devices", such as catheters and condom catheters. Unfortunately, absorbent products aren't considered a urine collection device (which I can't understand, seeing as how, technically, that is exactly what they do). Also, sadly, the coverage for the products that are included is mediocre, at best, and not enough catheters are provided monthly, leading to health problems such as urinary tract infections (which, as we all know, can lead to even bigger problems).

One option for men to look into is using condom catheters rather than absorbent products, since those may be covered. Women, I urge you to start writing letters (again) since there isn't an equivalent available for us, so absorbent products - which aren't covered - are often the only option.

© · Published by jAess Media · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Sponsorship Assistance for this website and Forum has been provided by by people like you