For those who care for someone with Parkinson's disease
[Home] [Forum] [Help] [Search] [Register] [Login] [Donate]
You are not logged in

Topic Only old sould get Parkinsons Go to previous topic Go to next topic Go to higher level

By ladybug On 2011.01.02 14:20
This is a message for the spiritually inclined.

The universe is all about balance and harmony. The main force that is behind it all is love.
Many spiritual teachers tell us that we are born on earth for the purpose of learning and correction of an imbalance in our being. We all have our lessons to learn. We also take on different roles.
We are the teacher, the parent, the victim, the perpetrator, the student, etc. What we all have in common though is that we really are here to serve one another in whichever form it may for the purpose of growth, evolution and expansion of consciousness and ultimately to awaken to our highest selves.
Our nature is spiritual and we have a body, mind and emotions given as tools in order to become whole, happy and conscious of who we really are. If we feed too much into one aspect, be it the physical, mental or emotional and neglect the others, we create disharmony and after a while, if not corrected, we experience dis-ease.
Specifically in parkinsons, it seem the person has been overusing their mind and avoiding or neglecting their emotion. If you read my previous post, there may be a connection to the fight or flight response, where the person stays in a state of shock and depletes all their dopamine in order to not feel pain.
I have read a blog by a woman who started to read prayer's to her PD husband each time he was anxious and not well. It calmed him down each time as if this is something his soul needed.
Emotional and spiritual attention and healing to remove fear of emotional/spiritual pain, heal past emotional wounds and to strengthen faith may be another key to the healing of PD.

The link below takes you to an article that is food for thought if you are open to the idea of reincarnation.

http://healpastlives.com/pastlf/karmdict/kdparkin.htm

Many blessings, love and light to all.

Thank you.

Ladybug

By karolinakitty On 2011.01.02 18:44
Ladybug. I mean no disrespect to you or your beliefs. We live in a world that is so diverse and wonderful and i love to learn new things. BUT, here is the thing.

For you to tell any of us our LO, created their own PD because they didn't open their emotional side, I'm sorry, but that is way out of line.

My guy is/was one of the greatest guys i have known. Yes, he was a member of MENSA, and is/was highly intelligent, but he also in very much in touch with his emotions and always has been. He was no great scientist or researcher. With the knowledge and abilities he has/had he could have run the universe. Instead he chose the simple life, living with nature, enjoying this awesome planet we call earth and not going with the mainstream.He avoided the hypocritical, and lead the life he choose.
The medical world feels that his came from a brain trauma, as he was mugged, hit in the head with a crowbar and left for dead. He laid in a coma and when he awoke had temporary amnesia.

It is just my opinion, but i think you should do a little more reading on PD before you suggest anything like that.

I believe in positive energy, i believe that you can, put your MIND to things. I believe in Karma. I believe in balance and harmony. That is why i am not downing your views just asking you to educate yourself, advance your horizons and KNOW this disease.
I didn't read this article so i won't share on that.

I understand your views. I have many friends from diverse beliefs. I have a friend who is wican, and she wants us to try some natural remedies, i am all for it, as her feverfue, is great for migraines, i no longer suffer from them. BUT, here is the thing. I have no chronic or health issues, however, my guy does. The drugs he takes, does relieve his issues to a point. Combining or trying to combine natural remedies with this disease can go totally against the meds they are taking. It is a fear we all have.

Shoot, if you told any of our LO that just by saying they were healed, it happened, don't you think we would try it?

This is a horrible disease. We can lose whatever was our LO. We lose family and friends. We do all we can to help our LO.

I am spiritually inclined, I am an empath. I am very in touch with the world around me.
Maybe i took that line too personally but you need to understand where i/some come from......

By ladybug On 2011.01.02 18:47
karolinakitty, there is no cookie cutter answer that applies to everyone.

By ladybug On 2011.01.02 20:08
It doesn't hurt to be open and to look at all possible causes for dis-ease instead of becoming defensive of the poor me and my poor spouse story. If you believe in karma, then you would understand that all is cause and effect. No one just gets hit with something out of the blue, undeserved and for no purpose. Everything has its purpose. I am informed about the possible physical causes of PD and also about the fact that the causes are still not really understood to this point.
I believe this is due to the lack of holistic approaches by only looking at potential physical causes. If you truly want healing, you can find it! Sometimes it may be too late to reverse the physical damage and progression, but tremendous lessons can be gained from looking beyond what is often felt as unbearable hardship and healing happens on a deep level for both the diseased and the caregiver! When some people hear that illness is a gift and s call for correction, they get defensive and upset. They block a huge opportunity that lies within the experience when encountered with an open heart.
When illness or disease is indicated, the body is communicating to us that our way of thinking (although unconscious) is out of harmony with what is beneficial to our being. Illness indicates the need to change in our belief system and tells us that we have reached our physical and psychological limits. Illness is thus a gift whose purpose is to bring back the equilibrium in our being. The physical body does not create illness because the physical body can do nothing by itself. What maintains its life is our soul, our inner self.

If you believe that illnesses, accidents and disorders are relevant only to the physical self, you are dissociating yourself from your mental, emotional and spiritual aspects, thereby refusing to acknowledge the majority of what makes you who you really are!

You have only to recall a situation where you’ve experienced instinctive reactions (such as your heart racing when you are afraid or that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you anticipate something you may be dreading), these automatic reactions are not coming from the physical body, but are transferred to the physical body through thoughts or emotions.

The most frequent causes of illness are negative attitudes and emotions, guilt, the need for attention, or the need to escape an unpleasant situation, or karma caused in a past life.
With each illness or disorder, your body is reminding you to love yourself. Through genuine self-love, you allow your heart to guide you to wellness and wholeness. To love yourself is to give yourself permission to live as you choose. When you love yourself, you accept yourself as you are at any moment—in all your humility—with fears, weaknesses, desires, beliefs and aspirations that are all facets of who you are.

Often you have to dig deeper and peel off many layers to get to the core problem. On the surface a person may appear emotionally, spiritually and mentally healthy but way underneath there may be wounds from the past, maybe from childhood or due to past conditioning and not forgiving oneself that are asking to be healed.
Saying someone was so perfect and is now nothing but a poor victim doesn't serve the ill person not the caregiver. It only holds the suffering in place.

Ladybug

By LOHENGR1N On 2011.01.02 21:34
Ladybug? You first posted asking advice for your dilemma, then you post about recovering from P.D. like it was a cold or flu. Now for the spiritually inclined, that we deserve P.D. for some past action? I'm puzzled, if you've got all the answers why the first post? Help the Man you're worried about the future with recover from Parkinson's Disease, heal himself and you'll have no worries.

By karolinakitty On 2011.01.02 21:57
Ladybug, If you had read my post you would have noticed I said:"the medical world" not that i believed them. I also wasn't asking for a pity party, i was letting you know that emotional responses or non-responses are not always the answer to the question. That physical aspects can enter in and now i believe you are saying he did something to deserve the mugging in his past life. You take the Karma thing way to far.

Yes, there are spiritual aspects that "cause" events. I am one who believes in the current karma and spiritual. Not ones that have happened in another life, as I don't believe in that.

Reap what you sow and so on......

As LO said. you came here asking for our advice. You got mine. I think you need to look further into PD.

If you aren't in love with this man, then your Karma is bad for him and you should let him go. You say he is your best friend but you haven't admitted whether you love him or not.

By ladybug On 2011.01.02 22:34
I never said I have all the answers. :) Love

By ladybug On 2011.01.02 22:36
karolinakitty, nobody is good or bad. you have to get past these concepts.
We are not just the body. All Dis-ease is a call for balance.

By ladybug On 2011.01.02 22:41
I also want to thank you all again for your advice. I make no difference between loving one or another. I try my best to stay in love and compassionate with all. I do what is best for this man. I am there as his friend and do not force or expect anything. The healing I offered him has helped him and if he wishes I will continue to work with him.

By karolinakitty On 2011.01.02 22:47
As we have said.. we agreeably disagree here. I hope you find what your heart desires really are.... Peace.....

By Emma On 2011.01.03 05:17
Ladybug, Your knowledge is based on your opinions and beliefs. We all have them and once we adopt a particular set of beliefs it becomes very easy to use that to explain the unexplainable and prove the unprovable. That's what makes the world interesting and, unfortunatly, causes discord. Not all of us agree with you and at the end of the day opinions and beliefs are just that, not facts. Using a belief to prove a belief does not make it a fact.

I hope you find the answer to your original dilemma and if your belief system helps you do that I am happy for you.

By caregivermary On 2011.01.03 14:52
lb,

I found your original post interesting and something to ponder. It didn't offend me.

I have been expanding by reading in the last six months and have explored some of what you mentioned. Some of it has helped me with the acceptance and understanding of the journey we are on.

By ladybug On 2011.01.03 16:14
Emma, my knowledge is not a belief system. It is based on my experience as a healer and work I've seen by other healers, some of whom have brought people back from the dead.
One of my healer friends is in her 70's and doctors have been sending her cases they gave up on and whom they have only given months to live. They are still alive and healthy for the past 25 years. You have free will and if you want to put everything down that does not resonate with you, it is your choice.
There are people who are interested in holistic approaches and other that are not. I don't force anything on anyone. If there is only one person who benefits from these different ideas/experiences, great.
Peace to all.

By ladybug On 2011.01.03 16:16
Glad to hear that, caregivermary. Stay well.

By Emma On 2011.01.03 17:23
Ladybug, I was not offended by your post, nor was it my intention to "put you down", only to point out that you have a belief system (and I stand by that term) that differs from some of the rest of us. I am sure that you have seen many people improve for whatever reason. My husband feels better after he has a Reiki massage. Is that because of healing energy or just relaxed muscles? I don't know and frankly I don't care, it helps him.

In your first post in this thread you talked about people neglecting emotions thus causing dis-ease. You talk about neglecting emotion thus causing a state of shock that depletes the brain of dopamine. Those ideas are based on your belief in Reiki, Karma, Chakras and Reincarnation. It may be that those things are correct, but we do not know that, they are not facts, they are concepts. They come from the Buddist and Hindu traditions and are spiritual or religious beliefs. They are things that we do or do not believe in, therefore they are part of a belief system. By saying that I do not intend to insult you, I am merely pointing out that we all have beliefs that guide our lives and practices. It is human nature to look for things that support our own beliefs and dismiss things that contradict them. We all do it, but the fact remains that those beliefs (including my own) are not facts so I feel that to make statements about the origin of disease based on your personal beliefs invites controversy. That's all.

By ladybug On 2011.01.03 22:20
One day these things will also be proven "scientifically."

By TiredTexan On 2011.01.06 22:39
"Only old should get Parkinson's"? I hope, Ladybug, that you were just ranting. You see, I am an old caretaker as many of us on here are...what a thing to wish on us!
As for me, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is in control - and that the "rain falls on the just just as it does on the unjust". So I thank Him for all those wonderful, healthy, blessed years!

By parkinit On 2011.01.09 14:15
LO -
I agree.

LB -
Whether you call them "beliefs" or "truths" as you see them, they are different from the "truths" that I hold true to my heart. I won't say we might not have SOME common grounds. Yet, I have my own belief system - very different from yours.

If you are saying to people that their newborn baby died because he or she needed to learn something from it or my dad who has cancer literally eating away his face, or even my spouse, who served in VN and was exposed to Agent Orange and now has PD all deserved it, shame on you. The baby was innocent - yet to live or do anything to warrant such a blanket "judge and jury" trial. My dad is one of the sweetest, caring, giving people you will ever meet. My spouse was defending his country. They DESERVE this?

It's not dis-ease. It's one word: disease.

I have my own theory on what causes it, but it is just that. I've seen people miraculously healed. I've seen others not. I hear people profess that this herb or this glyconutrient heals all. There are many claims and many people who will stand true to these claims. We, as intellects, must investigate, explore, and throw out those that don't stand our own personal tests and embrace others that do. But, understand, YOUR answer is not a blanket answer for all of us. Yes, we respectfully, agree to disagree.

© 2003-2017 MyParkinsons.org · Privacy Policy & Terms of Use
Published by jAess Media. This website and Forum is sponsorsed by people like you